first water test

Apr 11, 2017
stephenville, Tx
Hi, just got my first water test and I'm way off on some things. The "pool place" is telling me all is ok & to do nothing at the moment. What are your thoughts:
FC-5.04
TC-5.04
Combined Cl-0
pH-8.1
Hardness-449
Alkalinity-106
Cyanuric Acid-37
copper-0
iron-0.1
Borate-3

Help!
Tricia

Hi Tricia! :wave: You're instinct is correct to be nervous. Even if we trusted those pool store results (which we don't) :) your water needs some help. Of everything tested above, the only thing I might place "some" reliability in is the pH test, and it's way too high. You could use some muriatic acid to lower it to at least 7.7-7.8 for now, but don't go too low because we're not sure it the pool store was 100% accurate. Your first priority must be to get the right test kit - either a TF-100 (link below) or Taylor K-2006C. I have the TF-100 and love it, but with either you can be confident of the test results. You simply cannot sacrifice accuracy at this point. I wouldn't adjust anything else at this point, and other than some acid, continue to add just regular bleach daily to keep your FC at a decent level.

Once you get your own kit, post a full set of results and we'll show you just how accurate and easy home testing is. You'll be relieved. Please let us know if you still have questions/concerns.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.