had a Fire!

Jun 20, 2016
Tulsa Ok
So I had a brushfire yesterday that spread around 3 sides of my house. Lucky for me neighbors noticed before the house caught fire, but unfortunately my pool pump and some of my plumbing melted. Looking at new Pumps and had a few questions .

1 has anyone used or have any feedback on the Pure Line pool pumps sold by Inyo pools?

PureLine 1.5 H.P Variable Speed Pool Pump - PL1615 - INYOPools.com

2: currently my power comes from the inside breaker directly to an intermatic manual timer and my pump and SWG are connected to the intermatic. ( the pump is wired from intermatic, to on/off switch to pump) If I go with a VS pump with controller, I would need to wire the pump directly to teh pwer source, Should I keep the intermatic for the SWG? Do i need to run a seprate circuit fo rthe new VSS pump? or install an outdoor panel?

any thoughts or help would be appreciated

I'm not familiar with that pump but a 1.5hp VS pump would be a good choice. And Inyo will stand behind their warranty. I would keep the timer. Move the pump hot wires from the switched side to the load side on the timer. That will give the pump power all the time and leave the SWG powered by the times. That is how my stuff is wired and it is very convenient to be able to run the SWG for less time than the pump. My pump runs a lot for skimming tree debris and solar heating. My SWG doesn't need to run anywhere near as long, even at 20%.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.