Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Nautilus,Plus,Clever Clean

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Nautilus,Plus,Clever Clean

Trying to decide which one of these to purchase. The older model Nautilus vs newer model Nautilus? Older model has 2 brushes, bottom debris removal cartridges, swivel cable, and is rated very highly on Amazon reviews. New model has 1 brush, top basket debris removal, and "clever clean" to keep cord from tangling. Don't know much about this Clever Clean function and if it really works. Both have a year warranty. Nautilus Plus on both have a 2 year warranty. My gut is telling me to go with the older model since it has a proven track record. Any thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Nautilus,Plus,Clever Clean

I myself would go with the newer model. Mostly because I REALLY want a top loading filter assembly. I've heard good feedback here on TFP about the Plus as well. Hard to know how durable, long-lasting the Plus will be over the older model but the company itself has a good track record for robots.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Abaker,

I have the Nautilus Plus. It also has two brushes, and I have been very pleased with its performance. I really like being able to remove the two filter cartridges from the top. I just put it in the pool, press the on button, come back in two hours, lift it out of the pool over the skimmer (to catch any debris that washes out with the water), place it in its storage place, remove the filters, spray off, and replace filters. I am now ready for next weeks cleaning.

I only use the fine filters (never tried to large debris filters) because they capture everything as well as filtering the water. Though my pool is sparkling (thank you TFP!), little Flipper always comes up with a dirty filter. That makes me smile knowing it has done its job.
    19328 Gallon Above-Ground Pool. Clean&Clear Pentair Cartridge Filter. Opti-flo 2 Stage 1.5hp Pump. Dolphin Nautilus Plus "Flipper" Robot. Established April 2016. Taylor K-2006. Chlorine Based. 340gallon Marquis Spa. Bromine based. Established 2007.

4. Back To Top    #4

Plus one for the Nautilus Plus - I think In order of importance - 2 Brushes is first priority as they get you more cleaning power, Then top loading cartridges (I imagine bottom is kind of a pain), Then the cord management system is up to you. I guess swivel cords might fail. CleverClean might not actually work. But they are probably both great. The Nautilus Plus has a swivel and IntelliScan, 2 brushes and top loading. I think you will want all of those. Depending on price differences and your budget you just have to figure out which one is top priority to you.
    2016 Build: 20x30 15K Gal-IG Gunite, #4 Steel Tanning Ledge, Bubbler, Flagstone Coping, Stamped Concrete Deck, Jump Rock, Rock Waterfall, CLI Majestic Isle Pebble Finish, 3 Multi-Color LED lights, Ozone-DEL Eclipse 10, Empty Inline Tab Feeder, 2 HP Jandy Pro Series ePump with SVRS, 2 Skimmers, 6 Returns, 2 drains, 1 Cleaner Return, Jandy CV Filter 460 SF, Dolphin Nautilus+, iAqualink RS Automation, Borates, Test Kit Taylor k2006

5. Back To Top    #5

+1 for the Nautilus Plus. I've owned mine for 2 years and it does a fantastic job! Like Holydoc, I only use the fine filters and it always comes out of the pool with debris so fine I'd never see it. I also have an in-floor cleaning system but "Robbie" does a much better job with less energy cost. The swivel function on the cord works very well with no issues after two years of weekly use. The top loading filters are a must have feature. You will appreciate them after one use!
    19,500 gal, 16' x 38' PebbleTec IG Pool, Built 4/2013; Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3050 3 HP Pump, Pentair Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Pentair IntellipH, Pentair 520 sq ft/150 GPM Cartridge Filter, A&A In-Floor Cleaner, Dolphin Nautilus Plus Robot (aka "Robbie"), Pentair EasyTouch Power Panel w/ Quick Touch 4 Remote Control, Autelis WiFi controller, Clear 12 mil Solar Cover on Presto SS Reel, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

I personally would stay away from the swivel cable. Mine broke in 2 years and that means a whole new cable and it never did anything anyway.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.