Dolphin Nautilus,Plus,Clever Clean

Trying to decide which one of these to purchase. The older model Nautilus vs newer model Nautilus? Older model has 2 brushes, bottom debris removal cartridges, swivel cable, and is rated very highly on Amazon reviews. New model has 1 brush, top basket debris removal, and "clever clean" to keep cord from tangling. Don't know much about this Clever Clean function and if it really works. Both have a year warranty. Nautilus Plus on both have a 2 year warranty. My gut is telling me to go with the older model since it has a proven track record. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I myself would go with the newer model. Mostly because I REALLY want a top loading filter assembly. I've heard good feedback here on TFP about the Plus as well. Hard to know how durable, long-lasting the Plus will be over the older model but the company itself has a good track record for robots.

Abaker,

I have the Nautilus Plus. It also has two brushes, and I have been very pleased with its performance. I really like being able to remove the two filter cartridges from the top. I just put it in the pool, press the on button, come back in two hours, lift it out of the pool over the skimmer (to catch any debris that washes out with the water), place it in its storage place, remove the filters, spray off, and replace filters. I am now ready for next weeks cleaning.

I only use the fine filters (never tried to large debris filters) because they capture everything as well as filtering the water. Though my pool is sparkling (thank you TFP!), little Flipper always comes up with a dirty filter. That makes me smile knowing it has done its job.

Plus one for the Nautilus Plus - I think In order of importance - 2 Brushes is first priority as they get you more cleaning power, Then top loading cartridges (I imagine bottom is kind of a pain), Then the cord management system is up to you. I guess swivel cords might fail. CleverClean might not actually work. But they are probably both great. The Nautilus Plus has a swivel and IntelliScan, 2 brushes and top loading. I think you will want all of those. Depending on price differences and your budget you just have to figure out which one is top priority to you.

+1 for the Nautilus Plus. I've owned mine for 2 years and it does a fantastic job! Like Holydoc, I only use the fine filters and it always comes out of the pool with debris so fine I'd never see it. I also have an in-floor cleaning system but "Robbie" does a much better job with less energy cost. The swivel function on the cord works very well with no issues after two years of weekly use. The top loading filters are a must have feature. You will appreciate them after one use! :p

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.