Plastimayd (Latham) or Pegasus liner

carlh

Jun 11, 2009
Liner replacement time. I can get either brand installed for the same price and in Plastimayd I can get 27/27 mil at no extra charge when choosing a "SuperMax" pattern. You hear that the floor doesn't need to be thick but most of the wear & tear of cleaning is pushing against the floor with the vacuum brush head. Pool has 8' diving end - water pressure greatest on the bottom, right?

Pegasus sales material is all over their "inhibitors added for mildew, mold and algae prevention". Plastimayd says nothing at all about this.

Plastimayd feature is supposed to be invisible seams. Pegasus talks about visible seams.

Plastimayd states clearly a 5 year full + 15 year pro-rated warranty. Can't find any warranty statement on the Pegasus website.

Decisions, decisions... leaning toward Plastimayd. Anyone wish they hadn't? Anyone had a warranty claim against either and survived?

I got a plastimayd about 1 1/2 years ago.

One thing I will say, they have been making liners since the 60's.

I can't recall if the one I got was supposed to be seamless, but
I can definitely see the seams if there's any dirt in the pool (during
filtering, dirt gets in the seams, showing them. And I can definitely
see them when swimming under with a mask on.

The consensus of this forum is that the mil thickness doesn't matter
in the long run. Anything that punctures a thinner mil would surely
puncture the thicker one.

This brand has a factory about 12 miles away plus the only
pool co in town that I trust is a distributor, so that's why i went with them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.