Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 3 years of TFP, couldn't be happier

1. Back To Top    #1

3 years of TFP, couldn't be happier

PoolPals:

Science is wonderful. Just a quick note to thank the community. I started with TFP 3 years ago. What a difference. This year just a "mini" SLAM to get the pool crystal clear. So nice to know what to do and how to do it. Easy to maintain with the right testing. And, I do the same thing with my standalone spa. In fact, I also use a salt based system now in the spa. The water has never been better and easier to maintain. So, keep up the great advice to the new folks around here.
    18,000 gallon in ground pool built 2008, PebbleSheen surface, Aquapure salt system, Jandy 580 filter, Polaris sweep with booster pump, 2 stage filter pump, Suntopia solar heat; Marquis 630 ultimate spa, 2008, 390 gallons, built in ozonator, Saltron Mini Salt Water chlorine Generator for spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 3 years of TFP, couldn't be happier

Outstanding!

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Dndrich, I started TFP around the same time you did and couldn't agree with you more! I haven't opened my pool yet and I may be in for a nasty surprise, (who knew this winter would be so mild), but I know exactly what to do to fix it. No $500 trips to the pool store for magical potions that don't work and often make the problem worse.

I've owned this pool for over twenty years and I never knew until I put into practice what this forum teaches that the water could sparkle like it does. Everyone is so helpful!
    24K gallon IG gunite (built 1976), plaster (Diamond Brite) redone (poorly) 2012
    Hayward EC65A DE filter Taylor K2006-C test kit
    Ft. Wright, KY (Cincinnati area)

Don't argue. Just get the kit. TF100 or Taylor K2006C

4. Back To Top    #4

Woohoo! Nice work!

TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

I've been meaning to give this TFP thing a shot myself............................
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

I began TFP methodology in June 2014. Since that time:

- No 'Shocking'
    - No SLAM's
    - No Algae
    - Perfect water clarity. I'm still waiting for what I used to battle; cloudy water, invisible issues (organics. non-visible Algae types, etc), DE Filter PSI rising within hours for no obvious visual reasons.
    - Extended DE Filter cycles (time between my Backwashes has increased from once every ~4 weeks to averaging once every 4-5 months.

- Pool Type: 15k Gal Gunite IG non-SWG / Built 1988
    - Pump: Pentair Challenger / Sweep Pump: Letro Model LA01N .75HP Single-speed / 6 hrs-day (1 turnover)
    - D.E. Filter: OEM: Nautilus (Pentair) #NS 36 / 36 Sq Ft / D.E. Charge: 3.6 Lb
    - Pentair 4-wheel Sweep LL505G - Booster Pump runs ~2 hrs/day

7. Back To Top    #7

couldn't agree more, even though my pool is only 3 months old it looks sparkling clean. My neighbors who has owned a pool for 5 years actually comes over and asks me for suggestions, trying to convert him.
    31x22 FF IG, 16k gallon , 3.5-5.5-4.5, Hayward 425 cartridge, Tristar variable speed, Aqua Rite AQ15 SWG, HPC 4 wireless controller, LED, Texas Grey pebble finish, Taylor K 2006 and 1766,speedstir ,New build in central Texas....

8. Back To Top    #8

My kudos as well to TFP. I found this site right after our pool was built last year. I was able to educate myself and hit the ground running (first time pool owner too). In the year that we've had our pool we have had zero issues! A little MA every couple of days and it's all good.
    Pool completed 3/21/2016
    8800 gallons, plaster 14' x 24', 3/4 hp Hayward pump, Hayward cartridge filter, Blue Essence t-9 SWG, Kreepy Krauly Kruiser, Taylor K-2006 test kit with Speedstir, Taylor K-1766 salt test and 250 sq. ft. of Heliocol solar panels with Pentair Solartouch control system