3 years of TFP, couldn't be happier

dndrich

Silver Supporter
Apr 19, 2015
Sebastopol, CA
PoolPals:

Science is wonderful. Just a quick note to thank the community. I started with TFP 3 years ago. What a difference. This year just a "mini" SLAM to get the pool crystal clear. So nice to know what to do and how to do it. Easy to maintain with the right testing. And, I do the same thing with my standalone spa. In fact, I also use a salt based system now in the spa. The water has never been better and easier to maintain. So, keep up the great advice to the new folks around here.

Outstanding! :goodjob:

dbtgallery.php

Dndrich, I started TFP around the same time you did and couldn't agree with you more! I haven't opened my pool yet and I may be in for a nasty surprise, (who knew this winter would be so mild), but I know exactly what to do to fix it. No $500 trips to the pool store for magical potions that don't work and often make the problem worse.

I've owned this pool for over twenty years and I never knew until I put into practice what this forum teaches that the water could sparkle like it does. Everyone is so helpful!

6gfuwz.jpg

I began TFP methodology in June 2014. Since that time:

- No 'Shocking'
- No SLAM's
- No Algae
- Perfect water clarity. I'm still waiting for what I used to battle; cloudy water, invisible issues (organics. non-visible Algae types, etc), DE Filter PSI rising within hours for no obvious visual reasons.
- Extended DE Filter cycles (time between my Backwashes has increased from once every ~4 weeks to averaging once every 4-5 months.

205xncx.jpg

My kudos as well to TFP. I found this site right after our pool was built last year. I was able to educate myself and hit the ground running (first time pool owner too). In the year that we've had our pool we have had zero issues! A little MA every couple of days and it's all good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.