Remove copper from swg???

As I said in the thread you are likely referencing, you at least want to disconnect the power to the copper rods. This will stop most of the copper from being introduced in to the water. It isn't a bad thing to completely remove them from the system though if you are feeling handy.

Sent with Tapatalk on HTC Ten

The small side is the Cooper side. You should just be able to unplug. Am I correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Yes, at the very least unplug the copper bars.

Being a Manufacturing Engineer I have access to lathes, and made a plug to put in place of the copper electrodes. I made it out of Delrin (polyoxymethylene).

Here are the dimensions, incase someone is interested.

COPPER_PLUG.jpg

That was going to be my next question... I assume I need to cover or plug up that outlet on the generator so that water doesn't get down in it if it rains?
I made that plug so I can remove the copper electrodes from the unit.

You can just unplug the copper electrodes, and leave them in there, this will be no different than having a heater with a copper heat exchanger. As long as you keep your pH in range you'll be fine.

I covered my (unused) electrode plug with a heavy-duty storage bag, and cinched it tight with a nylon zip-tie. Then I cut off the excess from the open end of the bag so it will not collect water that could seep in past the zip tie. I don't have a pic, but it's covered similar to a lollipop.

pop.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like it is a 28669EG... I am just getting to a point where I'm ready to start turning it on and I haven't how to chance to look it over... I know there are two plug-ins on the top of it directly on top of the tube where the water runs through. I will definitely have to check a Little Closer just see if there's actually a copper element or not

Whoa, hold on! Intex stopped using copper in their SWGs several years ago, at least in the eco models. If yours is brand new, chances are it doesn't have copper. I'd make sure before messing with it. What is the model of your SWG?

:goodpost:
Yes, Intex did stop using copper in their SWGs a couple of years ago, but there is probably old inventory getting moved through. Worth checking but not a given anymore that it has copper electrodes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.