Cost to remove above ground pool

Poline101

Mar 27, 2024
USA
Sorry for reviving This thread. I didn't see any prices mentioned, so I thought I'd ask for some because I plan on doing the same now.

I live in Lafayette. My pool is a steel frame one, measuring approximately 24 feet in diameter and 4 feet deep. Should I hire professionals for this task, or is it something I could potentially do myself with the help of friends or family? If professionals are recommended, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.I've also been told that I might need to rent a dumpster to dispose of the pool materials. I received a quote from dumpsterrentalslafayette.com, a local company, offering dumpster rentals for $60 per day. Does this sound reasonable?

Edited to add more info.

Last edited:
Sorry for reviving this thread. I didn't see any prices mentioned, so I thought I'd ask for some because I plan on doing the same now.

If it was me I would contact one of those people that advertise on nextdoor that do "everything". I suspect they'd take the entire pool down and gone for a couple hundred.

Are you going to be replacing the pool? If so most installers will remove the old one so long as it’s drained when they get there.

Are you going to be replacing the pool? If so most installers will remove the old one so long as it’s drained when they get there.

I just had my ABG replaced. They charged me $100 extra to remove the old pool, bag up all of the plastic parts, and haul away (i.e scrap) all of the steel.

It was interesting to see their tool of choice for taking it apart. An axe.