Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: So this just happened....

1. Back To Top    #1

So this just happened....

I'm stoked!! Looking forward to setting it up this weekend.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: So this just happened....

Woo Hoo!!!!!

What is it's name???
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    Woo Hoo!!!!!

What is it's name???
    I have some ideas but there will be an "all hands" family Meeting tonight to discuss it...if I can get away without having to name it after a Disney character I will consider myself lucky.

"Princess Pookie-bottoms" has been bandied about...

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

congratulations! Is this a replacement for the KreepyKrauly?
    If I was effective, and your pool makes you smile, please make me smile and CLICK HERE to Become a TFP Supporter!
    Also, please make AmazonSmile donate to TFP by CLICKING HERE, at no cost to you!
    My Florida Pool: 20k IG plaster cart K-2006 | Washington State Pool I help with: 17k AG vinyl sand TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by BattleOfYakima View Post
    congratulations! Is this a replacement for the KreepyKrauly?
    Yep. I've been wanting to decouple cleaning from my pumps for over a year now. I'll be able to scale back my pump run speeds quite a bit now.

Matt

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just about killed me!!!
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

7. Back To Top    #7

Can't wait to buy one of these for my pool because that means there will be water in it

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by joanniern View Post
    Can't wait to buy one of these for my pool because that means there will be water in it

Dolphins got models in all price ranges. Give them a good look.

Matt

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    I have some ideas but there will be an "all hands" family Meeting tonight to discuss it...if I can get away without having to name it after a Disney character I will consider myself lucky.

Yeah, I'm sure "Dori" would be a popular vote in our house "just keep swimming" and "where's Dori?" As supporting arguments

Princess Pookie-bottoms

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

At least it's not one that looks like Wall-E!!

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

A robot before Screenlogic!?!?!
    -Brian-

Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by bdavis466 View Post
    A robot before Screenlogic!?!?!
    I just do nothing but disappoint you, don't I? Someday, during Festivus, you will have a long, long list to read from of all the ways I've let you down....

Hey, in my defense, the EasyTouch remote still works and works better than my suction cleaner does....

Matt

13. Back To Top    #13

Nice...congrats!
    60K 53 X 23 X 3'-10' IG Grecian Concrete aka "The Beast"
    TF100 XL with Speed Stir
    Dolphin M500 aka "The Beast Master"
    Sta Rite Max E Pro 2 HP - Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter S310T.
    My Pool Thread: Old School Pool

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

Sweet!! You'll be singing "Domo arigato Mr. Roboto" very soon.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    Sweet!! You'll be singing "Domo arigato Mr. Roboto" very soon.
    Dang it, now that's stuck in my head...

Matt

16. Back To Top    #16

I'm a newbie, please excuse my question. Does this stay in the water all the time or does it need to go in each day and pulled out when done ?

Built 9/2016 -10k pool, IG Concrete pool/spa - travertine coping/deck - All Pentair Equipment - Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Cartridge filter-Master Heater 400,000- Pump Intelliflo vst - color plaster - rebel cleaner- Auto -tablet-Chlorinator -Screen logic connect- variable pump - Test Kit Taylor 100.

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by dcvegas View Post
    I'm a newbie, please excuse my question. Does this stay in the water all the time or does it need to go in each day and pulled out when done ?

It can be left in the pool but it is not advised in terms of longevity. The cleaner will last longer if it is removed and hosed off after use. You have to pull it out to clean out the filter basket and so it best to just take it in and out. The controller has a feature where you can leave it in the pool and have the unit run every day, every other day or every third day. So if you were going to be on vacation you could dump it in the pool and go.

Matt

18. Back To Top    #18

+1 Festivus lol
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

19. Back To Top    #19

Matt,

When one of mine dies, that is going to be my next Dolphin purchase.. I'm jealous!!

As far as taking it in and out of your pool goes, when you take it out, I suggest you not wrap the cable up on a caddie..

My theory is that coiling the cable on the caddie and letting it sit for a few days causes the cable to become less flexible and increases the likelihood the cable will tangle.

I lay my cable on the deck with a couple of very large loops..

I think you will love it, no matter what your family names it.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

20. Back To Top    #20

Pretty dog..................
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast