No pressure on my skimmer

JDR

Apr 7, 2017
vallejo ca
My pump was working fine the other day. Tosay I tried to flush my skimmer pipe by using a drain cleaning bladder. Unfortunately the rubber burst. When I turn my pump back on it seems like the skimmer was clogged and the pump has no pressure and won't prime when the valve is on skimmer only.

Did I use the wrong size for the drain cleaning bladder ( used the 1.5 to 3 inches) that's why the rubber burst and this could be the reason why my pipe is clogged. What can I do to resolve the problem and make my skimmer line running again.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

You'll have to find some way to clear the line. You may be able to force it backward toward the skimmer if you can blow air or water back from the pump to the skimmer line. Use any valving you have available to set up flow only to head back to the skimmer if you can or plug all other skimmers/returns. If that fails or you don't have a method of doing that, a plumbing snake may work to remove the clog.

Just as an aside... why did you need to flush the skimmer pipe initially?

Thanks JV,
I thought my pipes were clogged or had some air pockets since there were bubbles on my return. I will try to use a smaller size for the bladder so I could fit it all the way inside the pipe. Also I could use the return on my spa, I just need to find a way to connect it to the skimmer. How do I that? Thanks again.

Yes Patrick, the bladder burst and only a small part of the rubber part was recovered. I'm guessing the most of the rubber was forced inside the pipe. Thanks in advance.

I tried the snake but can't go far, probably because of the 90 angle of the pipes. I tried a small drain cleaning bladder and insert it on the skimmer line and water was coming out from the other end. The water was coming out slowly and unfortunately there was no rubber or debris that came out. Also, when I turned on the pump and put it on skimmer only there was no pressure and it was not priming. When I put the the valve to skimmer and main drain there was pressure and it seems like the was little suction on the skimmer.

I'm new at this and if I don't make sense, I'd like apologize for that. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.