the universe is against me! LOL

ta2dwonderwoman

Bronze Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
fall river ks
I decided to get an early start since this is the first season that our pool was not stored over the winter and just needs to be cleaned and balanced...and I have some new stuff I am doing this year : sand filter, swg, auto vacuum, over the wall skimmer... so I wanted to get things going so that I can take my time on everything and not feel rushed...

however...not to be I am afraid! I am finding that the universe is against me so far! I was missing a piece that I needed to put my inlet parts back like they were when I got the pool so I can hook up the vacuum, so I had to order one. then I found that I ordered 50lbs of sand for my new sand filter, but it needs 55lbs and they don't recommend using less...so I had to get another 50 lb bag, 45 lbs of which I don't even need...then I get the new part and hook up the vacuum...it is not vacuuming at all...I assume my original pump is not strong enough, but there are a few other options I can look at if the new pump doesn't get it moving...and to top it all off...it has been chilly and raining for most of a week now...I just ask the pool gods for one weekend of warm and sun so I can make some progress...I really want to get the new stuff going so that I don't wake up to a green mess one morning and have a bigger issue than I care to deal with...

oh, I did successfully get the skimmer in place and working ... hoping the rest starts to come together shortly!

:sun:
how's your "startup" coming along????? :swim:

OH poor thing :hug: what a mess the world is throwing at you!

BUT there is NOTHING we cannot help you fix if needed!

Keep on keeping on! AND just think! If you had not started NOW you would still have to do it when you are ready to SWIM!

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.