New Aquabright Build Near Springtown, TX

Re: New Aquabright Build Near Springtown, TX

Plaster is done and now for the interesting note. Usually a plaster pool is filled immediately and the plaster allowed to cure wet. Since the pool will not be filled immediately and we need it to be a good substrate for the Aquabright, the plaster guys put a couple of feet of water in the pool and starting at 1 we need to water the new plaster once per hour for the rest of the day paying special attention to the tanning ledge, steps and benches. I've been told if we don't water enough the plaster might crack, but also not to leave a sprinkler on it because that might be too much water... At least this is only one day but we were not told this in advance and is a little bit on the annoying side considering it's about 103 today. Oh well, in a weeks time we will be swimming in a completed pool!!

Also, is there a way to change the thread title? I wanted to include Aquabright in the title so it's easier to search.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So some minor problems have crept up. The biggest issue is that a couple of weeks ago, I asked SI of build if the gas line we ran to the equipment pad was ok. He said he would look and get back to me if anything needed to change. Fast forward to start-up day (this past Monday) and the service tech says he can't hook up the heater because he needs a regulator and a nipple. Propane people who ran the line says no regulator is needed there. Back and forth a little bit, then Tuesday build SI says everything is good they could hook up as is. Now today, my brother (the GC for the house) gets a call from the tech asking if the gas run is fixed... I have no idea what's going on but getting frustrated.

Second problem is that Wifi can't be installed at the house for 2 weeks (welcome to country life). Assumed I could just use a phone as a wifi hotspot to connect the iaqualink, but while i can get the antenna to connect to the phone, when I try to add the location on a phone also connected to the hotspot, I get a message saying the device must be online and connected to the same network. Is this a limitation of using a personal hotspot on cellphone as wifi?

Ok, so to wrap this up, everything is now working. Heater is good (haven't figured out how to control it via iAqualink yet, but the water is hovering around 88-90 so not really an issue with the heater), everything is running great. Thanks for all the input from everyone that helped make the final product great.

Also worth noting, the pool builder includes a month of free weekly service. We could continue the service for ~$150/month... What I find interesting is that they charge MORE for a salt pool than for a chlorine pool. Oh well, 1 month of free muriatic acid then its TFP for me!

Also worth noting, the pool builder includes a month of free weekly service. We could continue the service for ~$150/month... What I find interesting is that they charge MORE for a salt pool than for a chlorine pool. Oh well, 1 month of free muriatic acid then its TFP for me!

RIght now, you could probably teach *them* a thing or three about pool care!

Congrats!

Maddie :flower:

they prob charge more for salt pool cause they don't need to add chemicals like pucks so they need to make up the money so they charge more. lol

AB pics look sweet! i wish i had a flamethrower to play with. all i got is a potato gun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.