White water mold

Apr 10, 2016
Lexington, KY
I bought my way into a pool last summer and started out using the TFP method and had a pretty good summer. I closed the pool myself at the end of last season and I think I did everything I was supposed to. It's a warm day here and I decided that I would have a look at the water so I pulled back my winter cover at the corner and found a bunch of "tissue paper" floating around and in the skimmer. I researched it and it appears that it's white water mold. I run a chlorine system and apparently it's rare to get this type of mold with the chlorine system.

I havent opened the pool yet, and don't plan to for at least another two weeks. Is there something I can do now to help? Can I get rid of this with a SLAM after I open the pool? Should I test a sample of water now? The water was in great shape when I closed.

Yep, you need to SLAM it, and that will take care of it. It just grew because of no, or too little Free Chlorine, and that's what you need plenty of to kill it. No worries...it will, and it won't come back if you keep the proper balance for FC/Cya.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.