Pool Math........The App

Hey there! I thought you all did your magic because my targets are now saving (except FC and I understand your reasoning for that.) So, it’s all good!

Hey there! I thought you all did your magic because my targets are now saving (except FC and I understand your reasoning for that.) So, it’s all good!
Ummmmmmmmm

Ya, we’ll go with that. :confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

According to code,
FC will reset no matter what each time you leave that advice page. This will not change. Maintaining a proper FC level is vital and we’ve seen to many issues in the past with new users not to use this safeguard.

For the other levels,
Let’s say the App says your goal for pH should be 7.4 but you want 7.2 so you change it and then leave the advice page. As long as you leave the App running and don’t enter in any other tests it should hold. Enter in a test and everything resets. Force close the App and everything resets.

I may have given you the wrong information. My memory said the goals did stick but the code said it didn’t. Jon and I are talking this one over and trying to see which to do. If we leave it to where it defaults back each time it will add a step to advanced users who know what they want each time. If however we make it where the levels stick we risk having a new user pushing stuff and now target a level far above/below what their goal really should be.

I used the app last season and registered a subscription.

I like the app, but I too am finding it troubling that I can’t refine the targets. I end up having to adjust them every time I use the app.

I think the logic that amateurs would change the targets arbitrarily is counter-intuitive as it’s advanced users who would change those. I would find it very useful to change them as my equipment manufacturer Pentair suggests different targets (and, for example I run a different free chlorine target with no issues every year).

What about a fail-safe “lock” button, or a default target adjustment settings that lets you choose between “methods” and/or “Manually Set” - certainly with a clear “switch” between modes you would provide the flexibility and the safety for new pool owners.

What about a fail-safe “lock” button, or a default target adjustment settings that lets you choose between “methods” and/or “Manually Set” - certainly with a clear “switch” between modes you would provide the flexibility and the safety for new pool owners.
I really like this thinking...............please let me discuss this with the developer and we'll see what we can do. It may take some time as we're entering a time of the year we try not to make changes but let me see. GREAT IDEA!! Welcome to the forum!!! Please, look around and enjoy the site!!!

Hi guys it used to be when I was adding my test results in the app I could continue to scroll down on the same page and also add filter pressure, SWG percentage and notes. Now I can't see it. Did I do something wrong? I really like to see everything on one page. Help please.......

Last year using the app I did not need to be connected to the internet to save my results. Now when I try to save a new log it wants me to be connected. Where my pool is I live down the road.... All family land. There is no internet except my wifi tower in my backyard that brings internet into the house.

We don't even get cell signal in nearly a mile radius of where I live.

Possible to remove the needing to be connected to the internet just to save a log? That way I don't have to do all my testing. Walk a 1/8 to a 1/4 mile to my house just to save it? Then walk back and do all my chemical needs.

Hi everyone!

I just entered all my results for 1st time since opening and the formatting seems to be off.

Wondering if this can be addressed on next release.

I am attaching a picture.
4af82f4acf20bf8ece9bfeb5a9e491ac.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just downloaded the app and paid subscription price.

When I enter my numbers, nothing is there on my overview page. I’m assuming they are supposed to be there. They don’t show up in a log anywhere either. Maybe I’m doing something wrong or missing something but it’s a bit frustrating. I’d like to look back on my levels based on weather, water temperature, usage etc. Looks like this all the time.

fe3ca9ca0c55b5572c9944e6c49d3106.jpg

While a webpage would be nice to have it’s likely not going to occur for a very long time. Currently there are two large hurdles that need to be addressed before creating a webpage can become a reality. First is the lack of a web store. This means we would have to setup a way to process and manage all subscriptions rather than having Apple/Android handle the task as we do now. The second hurdle is the software used in creating the App itself. Currently the developer is using a program that spits out the code for each of the different operating systems. As is the program doesn’t support webpage creation. This means Jon would need to write the code all over from scratch and continue to write two scripts in the future....one for the App and one for the webpage. While both of these hurdles could be overcome Windows 10 allows developers an easier path to get their Apps into a desktop/laptop.

TFP is coming very close to pushing out a version of the App that can be downloaded to your Windows 10 computer. I hope to have more news concerning this shortly.

4CBAD44C-B4D2-4AB7-BF66-5E1A2FD3446E.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.