Is this safe

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
I used some adapters so I can use my intex swg. As you can see from the pictures specifically picture 2 some of the pvc glue is inside the pipe where water will flow. Is this harmful that water will be touching the pvc glue especially with all the warnings on the bottle.
c2f52d443a7c676ba5212996f627ebd9.jpg

f35c298c0f9fd5f7f802431570a80bb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dried PVC glue is safe. the issue with the glue out of the can is the VOC's ( Volatile Organic Compounds). The VOC's can be an irritant to the lungs in short term and potential damage to internal organs over the very long term at high exposure rates. They are also flammable while "wet" . Just use the glue in a well ventilated area and away from ignition sources and you should be good to go. If you get some on your skin, follow the directions on the label. Also don't spill the primer on anything due to staining issues. That purple primer is good at staining materials, lol. I knocked over a can of it and stained my concrete basement floor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.