Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vastec Coping?

1. Back To Top    #1

Vastec Coping?

So I'm having a hard time finding some one that's willing to pour a concrete coping around a free form fiberglass pool. I have called a total of 11 contractors and only one has gotten back with me. He is wanting to use a Vastec coping form instead of the throw away ones. My question is has any one used or seen these before? I'm wondering how well there going to hold up to saltwater. And with them being metal I'm guessing they need to be bonded as well.

In case your wondering why my PB is not doing my concrete it's because I'm buying straight from the factory. They won't do any concrete work or electrical.

Aluminum Coping, Fiberglass Pools, Pool Coping - Vastec USA

Thanks for any type of information.

Mike

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vastec Coping?

I have not heard of those and I am guessing others have not either due to the lack of answers. I think they would need to be bonded as well.

I would love to see pics of what you have so far!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I am definitely not a fan of having a metal edge on your coping. I think if you look at fiberglass pool pictures that you would consider to have an upscale appearance, you would not find the metal edged coping among them. Almost all of the pictures they show in their website are from a distance. The few up close ones just frankly look low budget to me. You need to find at least three or four that DO get back to you and then see what your options really are. I'm not a proponent of pushing contractors out of their comfort zones but I would hope you can find some that have used the disposable forms before.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for your guys help. I also didn't like the looks of the metal coping so we moved on. I was able to find some one willing to use the throw away forms.
    Mike
    16500gal FG Pool, 16x40 Lesure Cariban. 2.5hp Hayward ECO VS, 325sq feet Hayward Cartridge Filter, 140k btu Hayward HeatPump, AquaPlus Automation 40k SWG