Vastec Coping?

Eers75

Bronze Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Parkersburg, WV
So I'm having a hard time finding some one that's willing to pour a concrete coping around a free form fiberglass pool. I have called a total of 11 contractors and only one has gotten back with me. He is wanting to use a Vastec coping form instead of the throw away ones. My question is has any one used or seen these before? I'm wondering how well there going to hold up to saltwater. And with them being metal I'm guessing they need to be bonded as well.

In case your wondering why my PB is not doing my concrete it's because I'm buying straight from the factory. They won't do any concrete work or electrical.

Aluminum Coping, Fiberglass Pools, Pool Coping - Vastec USA

Thanks for any type of information.

Mike

I am definitely not a fan of having a metal edge on your coping. I think if you look at fiberglass pool pictures that you would consider to have an upscale appearance, you would not find the metal edged coping among them. Almost all of the pictures they show in their website are from a distance. The few up close ones just frankly look low budget to me. You need to find at least three or four that DO get back to you and then see what your options really are. I'm not a proponent of pushing contractors out of their comfort zones but I would hope you can find some that have used the disposable forms before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.