Stakemans pool build

We just had the deck poured on Saturday. Just at 3 weeks into the build, with all the rain we've had in Houston I'm very happy! PB says that by mid-week we should have water in it....We'll see. I can't believe I didn't take pics of the finished deck. here is what I have. I'll update the spray deck ect.. soon.
91.jpg
92.jpg
93.jpg

They are really coming along nicely with your pool especially with all of the rain we've had. I'm in the 10th week since breaking ground, hopefully I'll get pebble tec this week and be able to dive in soon. Yours looks great, keep us posted.

Good Luck!

Thanks alot Dave. I think the hardest part is looking at all the Crud in the water. I'm kinda type A so the mess drives me crazy :roll: ! It looks like a dry couple of days, that will give the new pour a chance to cure. The concrete guys said at least 3 days before they can spray deck it. Any builders on here know if that sounds right?? As much as I love the thought of finishing, I want it done right.

stakeman

The guys in the white boots were by today to prep the pool for plaster!!! :-D .......My PB is going to do the spray deck last, due to both availability and the fack the "In-Laws" are coming into town.. Pretty cool move I think on the PB's behalf. I'll post when I can...

Wow - you are speeding right along with the build. I really like the color selection for the coping and tile! My build is still a few weeks out, I caused a two week delay with color choices, etc. :lol:

My deck was done on Friday, the deck builder wanted to wait at least three days to apply the acrylic lace....but, we will have some additonal decking detail done by them on Wed this week and they apply the lace on Thur to all of it. Since they have a warranty, I am not too concerned if they apply a few days early.

Hope you have bright and sunny weather for your first swim!

Well I can't say this too often but at 8:00 a.m. this morning I was getting PLASTERED!! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :-D !! My PB has the cool deck lined up for Saturday. Here is some PICS it's midnight blue dimond bright..
98.jpg
99.jpg

Dave

I'm supposed to get PLASTERED this week. Can't wait. Actually, one way or another, I'll probably get plastered.

I'll have to say Stakeman, I'm jealous, but happy for you!

I also love it when people say they want a lot of action in their spa!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well it's official, we're swimming :-D :-D :-D ! I can't be happier, we began 3 weeks and 6 days before the first swim. We do have spray deck sched. for today, and landscaping to do yet; but at least we are swimming!!

Here are some mostly finished pics!!

105.jpg

I read the water meter as it filled and it came out at about 16k gallons..

106.jpg

My wife and I both like the way the midnight blue plaster came out....It looks much better after they acid washed it and we filled the pool with water..

Stakeman, you have a big yard and chose to put the pool close to the house. Our builder wants to put our pool 10' from our home also. I have a really big yard and dont want to do this. Is there a reason for putting the pool so close? My builder thinks I am crazy. With my yard it will look like everything is bunched up. Tina

looks great! congrats on such a quick build. I am starting week 3, and not close to swimming yet. Your pool builder did a great thing by sticking to their word even with the weather we have had herein Houston.

TMM - - I too am fortunate enough to have a large yard---147' across (lot is on the end of cul de sac), but we are also buildibg the pool in one corner close to the house. Our reasoning...3 kids 9, 7 and 3 who still love t play in the yard and ease of use of the pool and outdoor entertaining area...it really makes it an extension of your indoor living space.

BUT, it is your pool and yard. You should build it the way you want it. Good luck with your build...start your own thread when you begin so we can track your progress.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! We have really been lucky with our builder, he has done an excellent job. Everyday that the subs have been here he was right on top of things. As far as the pool location for TMM, it's kind of like Wardsntx said. We have kids, our older daughter plays softball, so we anted to leave an area to use for misc. stuff. Plus we had a fair amount of existing concrete we wanted to take advantage of. When we spray deck it should all tie in nicely...I'm glad the mess is almost over and look forward to some sod and palms around the pool area soon.

stakeman

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.