Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No mor problems

1. Back To Top    #1

No mor problems

I added too much No Mor Problems to my pool and now it is green. Did I mess up by adding too much?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No mor problems

Llottie, what *is* NoMoreProblems?? Never heard of it or what it is used for, but we almost NEVER suggest using odd and assorted potions in our pools. We're kinda low tech clean freaks and go for the liquid chlorine/bleach care. Maybe a little borax or baking soda now and then...

Ooops- just found this: Polyquat 60 vs (Sodium Bromide))

What are your test results and how did you get them? We need to know:
    FC
    CC
    pH
    TA
    CH
    CYA

Have you read this--ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry It might help you understand how we care for our pools and water.

Holler back,

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Welcome to TFP!

No Mor Problems is sodium bromide which, despite what it says on the label, is not an algaecide. It creates bromine when it reacts with chlorine, but if added to a pool with little to no chlorine it will do absolutely nothing to algae. Regular use will build it up in your pool and convert it from a chlorine pool to a bromine pool, which is not good for an outdoor pool. In other words, and forgive me for this joke, using No Mor Problems can end up causing you some major problems...

In addition to Yippee's question, how long have you been using this as an algaecide and how are you chlorinating your pool? This will help us get an idea what is going on.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm pretty sure just by what you said, that I do not have enough chlorine in my pool, and you're right, I think I just created a huge problem

5. Back To Top    #5

What kind of pool do you have? Can you do a drain and refill?

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard