Weekend WooHoo!!!

Paul & Crystal

Silver Supporter
May 25, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
Well...it's the final weekend of my pool free life! We are closing on the house Thursday and I will begin mastering The Beast. I am ordering the TF100 XL with speed stir tomorrow morning. I also added the Borate test strips. I don't know if The Beast has borates in it or not but I'm pretty sure I will want them. I will test as soon as we get the keys and I will post everything.

What time of day is the best for testing anyway?

How long should I run the pump before testing?

The pool was opened last week by the pool company...who knows what they've done to it. I know they said algaecide was added. I'll be packing and day dreaming for the next 6 days. Thank you everyone for all the help you provide and for the friendship. Have a great weekend!

Crystal

Ty Nini. I'm pretty excited myself. It's a whole new life!!! So glad to be here ?

- - - Updated - - -

Mark, With all the fantastic help and encouragement here, I hope I will be. I notice you are in Texas so we are neighbors! I'm gonna check out your build!

Crystal, do you plan on moving right into the house next weekend or will you wait a bit so you can paint and clean? oh and change shelf paper and toilet seats.

Did they take the lions?

Hey you know what you can do now?? You can post your pool pics in the photo gallery! We just opened it up this morning! Put your pic in there so it will show up on the top of the page!

Kim:kim:

Oh cool! I saw the pics showing up on home page this morn and I was like wow...I never saw that before. So I will do that asap.

I'm gonna start a thread about my new pool life to keep in my sig and hold all my new memories close.

Yes they took the lions. But I will be shopping decor. We have a couple statuary places here so I will find some new stuff. I went by there yesterday and looked over the fence. The water level looks low. I'm pretty sure it is below the skimmers. Will know more Thursday night.

We are cleaning carpets and tile on Thursday night. Well...he is. He used to clean carpets professionally back in his younger days. He still has equipment and bought all the right cleaners and sealers. I'll be supervising and cleaning cabinets, putting in new shelf paper etc. We will let carpet dry through Saturday morning when moving truck is coming to get all the big furniture from both houses. We both currently have our own house so now we are finally combining after 12 years! We are selling his house. I am keeping mine but doing a contract for deed with one of my adult children.

We are beyond excited!!! I ordered my TF100 XL with speed stir plus borate strips so it should be here for closing day. I am gonna pick up a thermometer. My main goal is first to get the water under my control and second to get it warm enough to swim!

Happy Happy!

Crystal

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What an excited adventure you are one! 12 years is a long time to wait to move to this part of your life. Is Paul as excited about the pool as you are? Does he know about TFP? "What are you doing on the computer NOW?" LOL that was my husband after HE found and shared TFP to convince me we should get a new pool LOL Look what ended up happening!

Kim,

Paul knows I am studying hard to learn about taking care of the pool. He knows about TFP but hasn't really checked it out. He is very concerned about the concrete decking. He has been watching a lot of you tube vids about how to repair cracks and apply coatings etc. He's pretty used to me being on the computer all the time because I am a nerd. I am always researching something and I went to school for many years and actually still do even though I finished my degrees years ago...lol. He does sometimes try to coax me off for a while though...lol. He works 60 hours a week, so he is pretty happy to leave the pool care to me and I am happy to do it. He would just hire a pool company otherwise...but I have a strong DIY spirit and I also like to save $$$.

I notice you have a sand filter. I'm gonna have some questions about that soon. Do you have some backyard pics here anywhere?

Crystal

It sounds like a win-win for you both then!

Look in the photo gallery. I have one there. It is a shot from the back side of my pond looking towards the house and pool. We have 6.5 acres. Most of it is at the front of the house. NO neighbors in the back so it is wonderful for us!

I LOVE my sand filter! I had a cartridge filter with the last pool and it was a lot more work BUT also did not know about TFP so I am sure that was a LOT of the problem.

Yes it is! That is his 50th B-day present he got when he turned 52 LOL Had to do some saving to get that one. Now he has a Super Sonic Blue one. Of course it is a convertible as well LOL We LOVE to travel and that is what we go in.

Well...it's the final weekend of my pool free life! We are closing on the house Thursday and I will begin mastering The Beast. I am ordering the TF100 XL with speed stir tomorrow morning. I also added the Borate test strips. I don't know if The Beast has borates in it or not but I'm pretty sure I will want them. I will test as soon as we get the keys and I will post everything.

What time of day is the best for testing anyway?

How long should I run the pump before testing?

The pool was opened last week by the pool company...who knows what they've done to it. I know they said algaecide was added. I'll be packing and day dreaming for the next 6 days. Thank you everyone for all the help you provide and for the friendship. Have a great weekend!

Crystal

Either in the morning with a cup of coffee, or in the afternoon with an adult beverage of choice. :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.