RayPak Heat Pump and Intellitouch I5

Josh,

I believe that the Gas Heater connection is just a set of open or closed relay contacts??? I would assume that to actually "communicate" with anything you'd have to connect to one of the comm ports.

But, I don't have a heater, so no real background... If you'll give me the model number of the heater you have, I'll see what I can find..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Most heater to pool automation connections are set up with the two wire connection to turn the heater on and off as needed. Set the heater to max temp and control it from the automation panel. There is no communication from the heater. The automation reads it's own temp sensor and tells the heater to turn on or off.

Josh,

I did look at the RayPak manual, and as pooldv says, this heater is remotely controlled by relay inside your Intellitouch. I have an Easytouch which is similar to your system, so some things may apply. Until someone who actually knows your system comes along, I'll give you some ideas that might point you in the right direction...

1. Your heater should be set so that it knows it is being controlled remotely. (Not sure if you have the analog or digital controls) See your manual on how to do this..

2. The heaters internal thermostat is set to the highest they will go..

3. Your Intellitouch must know that you have a heater attached... For the EasyTouch there is a heater menu that can be set to OFF, Heater, Solar... Must be set to Heater (assumes you have no solar)

4. Your temperature set-point must be set so that the Intellitouch knows what temperature you want the water to be.

5. When you turn on the heater at your Intellitouch control panel, if the water temperature is below the set point, the relay inside the Intellitouch will close telling the RayPak to turn on. The water temperature will increase until the set point is met and the relay will open and the heater will shut off.

So, one thing you can do is short across the two terminals on the gas heater connection, where you have the two wires to the heater connected.. With the pump running, the heater should come on.. If it does not, then something on the heater side is not set up correctly. If the heater does come on, then the heater is set up correctly and something is not set up correctly on the Intellitouch side.

Sorry I can't be much more help.. Try a few thing and report back, and maybe we can narrow this down.

Question. Do you have ScreenLogic? If not, how do you program your system?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.