1.5 inch unions

Thanks. I ordered 6 unions from Amazon and they ended up having 1 1/2" threads on one end and 1 3/4" slip on the other. I cannot find anything to replace the slip or reduce it. They are nice unions with orings and all. Got my money back but they told me to keep them. No idea what they could possibly be used for.....

Never heard of 1-3/4" pvc. How are you measuring?
1.5" pvc pipe has an I.D of 1.61" and an O.D of 1.900".

Most likely, what you have is 1.5" slip. See if a piece of 1.5" schedule 40 pvc pipe will fit.

1.5" PVC is too small and 2" PVC is too big. The slip connection is about 1/8" larger than the outside of 1.5" PVC. The only info I could get out of the seller was to buy a 1.75" to 1.5" adapter. I have never seen 1.75" PVC either. The outside is also too small for a 2" slip fitting. I did find at the store a fitting for 1.25" PVC fits inside the union. These must have been designed for a specific application that is not standard PVC related. Not sure what I will do with them at this point. This was the listing... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWX3A1W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They seemed promising.

I thought the same thing, but all six of them being the same exact size? And then the seller having a quick reply to buy an adapter and I didnt even tell them the exact size it was off. I think they had these and didnt know how to properly market them, or what they are really made for. Lucky me ended up being the one to buy them. haha. I need unions that are the length of these to properly plumb my pump to the filter. Anything longer and I will need to put the sand filter on something to raise it up. The only 1.5" unions with an o'ring seem to have a longer neck. I guess I will buy the Hayward without the o'rings. I wonder if I can install the o'rings from my current wrong unions to the Hayward unions? Might be worth a try?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.