basket lid issues with powerline pump

rajung

Mar 17, 2015
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Anyone else here have a powerline brand of pump that uses the clear spin on basket lid?
I don't tighten very tight at all, just by hand and only enough to keep from leaking but these only seem to last 1 or maybe 2 seasons before mine split.I do bring everything inside in winter but I found to keep 2 on hand at all times.Last year they were back ordered for 2 months and I was out using one that I temporarily patched with epoxy and held good enough but it was ugly looking.
It is exposed to the sun all the time but worried the day may come where they are no longer made and then forced to buy a pump for just a lid.Dont know if its UV rays and might have to cover somehow.

My pump basket that is clear and spin on. I have to gently tap my lid to get it tight enough to not leak. I wonder why yours is breaking? Do you have any o-ring lube on the o-ring? That makes a big difference.

Kim:kim:

Yes, I use a silicone lube on all the o rings.
When I called last time to my local pool store and ordered 2 of them, the person I was talking to told me another worker there asked if they still had issues with them breaker and if that was the reason I ordered 2 of them.They said at the time ,with the delay of 2 months they were going to stock more of them instead of what I think was normally 2.
That's one thing I don't like about Doughboy , you have to buy from your own state, and not on line.I do see Doughboy does have some items on their website but mostly items you never need, and only a handful at that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.