Still alive and kicking :-)

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd pop up and say Hi again as I've been sadly absent from here for a while.

I finally got through my SLAM before Christmas after a couple of false starts and am now enjoying the benefits of the wise counsel from in here in a sparkling clear pool with no sign of algae anymore. We've had some warm days here in Melbourne in the last few days and the boss and I are certainly enjoying a nice cool dip after work and before firing up the BBQ/smoker for dinner :)

As expected the SLAM consumed a lot of my testing reagents so am just about to place a replacement order from the US. If any other Aussies are reading this and need some Taylors stuff I guess it might be possible for us to economise on a bigger order, but I haven't really done the math yet. If anyone's interested PM me and we can run the numbers, but get in quick as I want to place my order in the next few days.

Here's to a Trouble Free 2017 !!

Sal

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the CCL link, I was actually aware of them, they've been appearing in this forum fora bit now - I haven't been away *that* long !!!

I did check them out as an option for replacing my reagents, but elected to stick with the US store for now for a couple of reasons:
- I already have the large Taylors kit and would really prefer to stick with exactly the same reagents (I've seen a couple of threads in here suggesting that minor points like drop size from the different bottles can make a small difference)
- Its actually only marginally cheaper to use CCL. Even though their shipping is free (for orders over $50), the component parts are more expensive than in the US and when you add it up I don't save a huge amount by staying local.
- CCL are currently out of stock of the FAS-DPD reagent that I need !

But I am keeping a close eye on them, their service is apparently very good and I've even seen them active in here too which is good to see.

I am planning a trip to the US later this year as well so may stock up then as well !!!

- Its actually only marginally cheaper to use CCL. Even though their shipping is free (for orders over $50), the component parts are more expensive than in the US and when you add it up I don't save a huge amount by staying local.

I am planning a trip to the US later this year as well so may stock up then as well !!!

Good to hear your still hear and end enjoying your TFP pool.

I was in LA reciently and across the road was a Leslie's, TFP will probably ban me for this, but I went in for a look and bought an $8 bottle of pH reagent. Dollar for dollar with the exchange rate and tax it was the same. I bought it back for free and that's the real difference, its the shipping to Aussie that the real killer.

If your ordering from the US hit the confirm/send button after a few adult beverages, it eases the burden and in the morning its too late to worry about it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.