Electrical question for my new pump & SWG

Dec 11, 2016
Lafayette
I'm installing a new Pentair IntelliFlo variable speed pump (011018) with a new Pentair IntelliChlor IC40.
I already have a Pentair SunTouch control system for automation I'm connecting to.
The pump is connected to a dedicated circuit breaker on my electrical panel & has the low voltage communication cable connected to the SunTouch.
The IC40 install manual says to connect it's power center to the pump timer or the pump side of the relay in the SunTouch, so that the cell is only getting power when the pump is running.
Since the pump has constant power, that isn't possible. So how should I wire the IC40 power center?
The SunTouch is also on it's own dedicated circuit breaker. I'm thinking to splice the IC40 power center onto it, but then it will be receiving constant power too. Is that going to shorten the life of the IC40 cell?
It looks like I can also run a communication wire from the IC40 to the SunTouch. Will that tell the IC40 now to provide power to the cell if the pump isn't running?

Thanks for any help or advice,
Barry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.