Home Automation

There are many, many threads on sensor based dosing systems. The general consensus is that at best they are a lot of work and at worst they do not work that well. pH is easier to do than chlorine, the probes are not that expensive but require calibration and replacement every year or two. For chlorine the only systems I am aware of is OPR and there are not a lot of positive posts on those systems. That being said near autonomous automation is possible with just time based measured doses for most pools. Since you have an SWG in the summer months it is just a matter of getting a feel for your chlorine demand and running the system an appropriate amount of time and %. For pH you can use peristaltic pumps like the Stenner brand pumps that are popular with many TFTP users tied to a timer, you could also use them for chlorine in the winter when your SWG stops producing, but if you are like many your demand is 1 to 2 times a week and not worth the expense. Many find after the first year of plaster curing acid demand gets low enough too that the pump expense is not need, since they have to add infrequently.

I have pumps for both MA and chlorine, my pool is 14 months old and acid demand is still high enough I like having the pump, plus my CH levels are high enough that I like my pH around 7.6 as insurance against scale, as a consequence my acid demand is a bit higher than it would be if I let it get to 7.8. Both pumps are on Wi-Fi switches that I can control from my phone or Amazon Echo. I have not had to adjust my dosing levels since mid November and my guess is I will not have to till mid February. Right now I am testing once every 7 to 10 days, as we get closer to summer I will test twice a week and probably need to adjust about once a month. So while not truly automated it is a whole lot better than testing and adding daily during the swim season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.