How do I blow out/drain my Jandy 99?

Bruski

Jul 5, 2016
Williamsburg, VA
Hey all,

Once I revived my frog swamp using the TFP method, I decided to swim instead of looking forward on closing info. 30,000k+ in-ground with two skimmers, main drain, and a Jandy 99 caretaker. I believe the caretaker is the only form of return I have as the walls are clear to the floor. I was able to blow out and gizmo the skimmers but once I closed the skimmer valve, in an effort to lock the main, the blast of air bubbles came from one of the caretaker heads instead of the main. I locked the valve anyway; I have no idea how this plumbing is ran because the previous owner is deceased and the company closed years ago. Assuming my skimmers and main are ok, how do get the water out of the Jandy's 5 valves? I removed the dome and pushed a high powered shop-vac in one of the lines to see if I could get the level to drop or some air out of one of the heads... nothing. I considered rigging a connector for my compressor but though I should ask before I damage something. Any advice? I can't find anything on this site on this subject. Keep in mind, I'm in Williamsburg, VA and while it gets pretty cold, it rarely stays below freezing for more than a day or two.

Mike

Keep in mind, I'm in Williamsburg, VA and while it gets pretty cold, it rarely stays below freezing for more than a day or two.

Bruski:

Having trouble following your set up and what you wrote. A pool has a suction side (usually skimmers and main drain, either separated or possibly linked together). The water is being pulled in the pool from the pump, then to the filter and back to the pool (return side). How you explained is a mystery. Although, below freezing for a day or two should not do any type of damage as there is not enough time for water to freeze in your piping. It is recommended that you keep your pump running during the few days that the weather gets below freezing. Probability is that the day temperatures are above freezing, while the night temperatures dip below 32*. Maybe set your timer only during the evening hours during the cold spell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.