Murphy Texas IG Pool

I wrote a letter Monday night to the 3 key people working on our pool after speaking with a structural engineer in Dallas.

When I contacted the structural engineer, who's firm specializes in DR Horton homes, this is what he said.

"Since this is a renovation you run into such situations that aren’t exactly best practices but I would agree, you don’t want the drainage plane covered/sealed with the pavers. You also want to make sure the base of the pavers is sloping away from the home so any water below wont drain back.Not sure there is much you can do at this stage except remove a row or two of pavers and do something else to transition to the pavers while keeping the drainage plane open."

The slope is fine but a paver drain might be in order to allow for a drainage plane to exist....We'll see how they respond.

They put it in writing and will stand behind it. Hardi board, interior and exterior wall will not see an impact (mold/rot/wicking) from rain, use of hose and general day to day use. They are confident that the slope will drain water above and below the pavers.

"Normal weather and cleaning will not effect this in any way"

Ready to move on....final check tomorrow...Plaster next Wednesday.

Sprinkler guys did their reroute and put up my fence. Door alarms will be delivered soon per city code.

That is an awesome sight! Sooooooooooooooo close!

Have you thought about what your are going to do around the equipment pad and pipes? You do NOT want grass or anything growing there. Pipe and weedwacker=bad :( Some ideas are stepping stone and or river rock with good landscape fabric works great and looks good also.

Kim:kim:

My buddy was telling me about preform cement for the equipment and around the back of the pool.

That is an awesome sight! Sooooooooooooooo close!

Have you thought about what your are going to do around the equipment pad and pipes? You do NOT want grass or anything growing there. Pipe and weedwacker=bad :( Some ideas are stepping stone and or river rock with good landscape fabric works great and looks good also.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is awesome! Is this where they come to the house and pour it in a form? That looks so classy! Yeah if you are going to do it, do it right!

That looks like the type they make with a curb machine. They load it in the top and walk behind it while it spits it out. Like a manly way of decorating a cake. It's cool because you control the curves with the direction you walk. From there I think they stamp it

Yes, its a great edging for areas where the ground won't freeze below it and crack it.

Pool filled in 20 hours @ 600 + - Gallons per hour, using two hoses. We have a website called aquahawk, that will send alerts from the water company to an email address. The PB startup guy came by at noon and installed the valve actuator, skimmers, return jets, 2 gallons of acid, quart of powder CYA, six pounds of DE and two tablets in the chlorinator. Test strips, pole, brush, net and hose were also included. Could have sworn a K-2006 was included but will have to check my papers. Also bought the trouble free pool app.

Looks like everything is working and the PDA is user friendly. He said they might be out Monday and again next Friday. Polaris will get installed in a week.

Pool  Startup 001.jpg

Pool  Startup 017.jpg

Pool  Startup 014.jpg

"row row row your boat" tempo

Brush Brush Brush the Pool
Sweep that dust away
If you don't use the pole
The plaster will bring u shame.

Pool  Startup 016.jpg

LOL on "Brush, brush your pool!" You won't need a guy work out for a couple of weeks.

Here is a link I am not sure if I shared with you or not and am too lazy to go look LOL:

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Make sure to run it by you PB as he holds the warranty card. Note the "no swimming for 30 days" depends on the start up the PB used. Go by what HE says.

Most plaster companies suggest no vacuums with wheels for the first 30 days. You use a manual vacuum as it acts like a brush. I can walk you through how to set it up if you are interested. I think every pool should have one for spot cleaning and such.

Let us know what your contract says about the test kit. PLEASE do not use the "guess" strips. They are way wrong more than they are right.

That is some pretty water!! The color will change as the plaster cures so keep singing brushing!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.