Murphy Texas IG Pool

Iphone 015.jpg

Oh Boy.....Late in the day big truck activity. Dropping sand for the paver installation.

Johnson....Here is a close up of the tile laying on the limestone coping...Don't recall the name but we were attempting a monochrome look so the water would be the focus.

Iphone 016.jpg

Epic Pavers showed up today around 9ish with seven guys ready to roll. One of the guys running the gas powered compactor had a SF 49ers hat and shirt; not acceptable. I felt asking him to leave was inappropriate and put my Cowboys flag up to show I mean business. This vibrating compactor pushed the golf ball size pieces of rock into the softer/finer material.

When I was taking these pictures the PBs director of construction came by to check the project. He oversees the 7 project managers in Dallas and their supervisors.

Pool Paver and gravel base day 2 001.jpg

Once the original rocky base was compact they put sand down.

Pool Paver and gravel base day 2 020.jpg

They smoothed out the sand around the pool and even put a layer of sand on the roof line patio foundation. They are going "cap" the original patio with the pavers.

Pool Paver and gravel base day 2 030.jpg

Pool Paver and gravel base day 2 035.jpg

Here is a close up of the Pavers

Pool Paver and gravel base day 2 033.jpg

More to come later today.

They paver guys did what they could today. James Antonio, my PB supervisor, was on site; spent 30 minutes with me discussing plaster, options for grading the yard, drainage and getting me to think about sprinkler layout, landscaping for the future...etc. Nice guy.

Check out the progress they made. Should finish in one more full day...Might be tomorrow might be Monday.

Pool Paver and gravel base day 2 030 (2).jpg

Pool Paver and gravel base day 2 017 (2).jpg

I don't like the corners that are chipped after the rough in. Should I expect them to age like this over time because they are concrete and just get use to it now? Looking for experiences with pavers in general. I'll ask the super if they replace the chipped pavers once they lock down the pattern. Going to take a picture of the PB showroom to see what they looked like tomorrow.

Pool Paver and gravel base day 2 034 (2).jpg

Pool Paver and gravel base day 2 036 (2).jpg

Pool Paver and gravel base day 2 035 (2).jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We did travertine pavers which have nooks/holes/imperfections. The ones with larger 'broken' corners or any irregularity that we thought was too much, we pointed those out and they replaced with no problem. The guys actually went around and replaced some of them before we asked, then we pointed out a couple that they missed that bothered us.

sham has it right. They should replace the ones that stand out. I would go out with blue tape to help mark the ones you find at first glance. Do it again 2 more times until you have found them all. Be picky.....this is a lot of money!

Kim:kim:

Epic Pavers showed up today around 9ish with seven guys ready to roll. One of the guys running the gas powered compactor had a SF 49ers hat and shirt; not acceptable. I felt asking him to leave was inappropriate and put my Cowboys flag up to show I mean business.
View attachment 56653

I don't care who you are, that right there's funny. AND a pic to go with it.

Appreciate that feedback.. I am betting these guys will take care of it and do the right thing. If not I will use the blue tape idea.

It's concrete but the color or model is called travertine...sneaky marketing huh.

Thanks BSMORESWIM, SHAM and KIM.

Appreciate that feedback.. I am betting these guys will take care of it and do the right thing. If not I will use the blue tape idea.

It's concrete but the color or model is called travertine...sneaky marketing huh.

Thanks BSMORESWIM, SHAM and KIM.

Aha! I was going to say, that's some rich stuff! Very nice color and look though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 3 of the Pavers is focused on the precision cuts. I stayed out of their way but was able to grab a few pics to show how the edge/border is created to keep the pavers in place. Looks like a few bags of cement, sand with a modest amount of water.

Pool Paver Day 3 011.jpg

Pool Paver Day 3 010.jpg

The vibrating machine was out today. These men are making really small cuts with a very large blade.

Pool Paver Day 3 006.jpg

I don't see anymore pavers on the pallet but the PB confirmed the chipped corners will be addressed/replaced... More pics as they finish up tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.