ecoFINISH aquaBRIGHT longterm review

I am working on something right now... But it's nowhere near ready to be shared with the general public just yet;)

If anyone should happen to look towards Riverside CA and see a small mushroom cloud off in the distance, that will be what's left of Brian. He has asked that donations be made to his memorial GoFundMe page in lieu of sending cards or flowers...the proceeds of the memorial will go towards the purchase of an XL Big Green Egg for his family to use... :laughblue:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are seriously considering EcoFinish to resurface our fiberglass pool. Just a couple questions. Blisters are an issue with fiberglass pools. Since they are caused by water getting in from the backside of the pool is there any advantage to an EcoFinish. Also, esthetically speaking, does anyone have any pictures of the Sandstone color/finish with the pool filled with water? Thanks!!

I do not believe that osmotic blistering in fiberglass pools (and boats) is a result of water getting in from the backside of the pool. It results from microscopic failure of the gelcoat inside the pool allowing water to penetrate the fiberglass from inside the pool. Aquabright would eliminate the risk of water penetration into the fiberglass.

Hello everyone so, the water temp is up to swimming temperature. So I wanted to give an update on the Aquabright pool. We are right at 1 year + 1 month since water fill.

General observations. Finish looks great. Absolutely no discoloring, cracking etc.

Full disclaimer. Over the winter I pretty much neglected the pool. I turned off the Polaris cleaner, set the SWG to about 35% and occasionally cleaned out the skimmers.

Hear are the numbers from my last test last year and the test I just finished today.

11/21/2016 FC = 0.5 pH = 7.6 TA = 70 CH = 210 CYA = 35
3/19/2017 FC = 7.5 pH = 7.4 TA = 80 CH = 190 CYA < 30

So you can see that basically the chemistry is the same as it was last November. Now I don't know if it fluctuated in-between those times but thats where we sit today. i'm going to run out and buy some CYA and a little pH up

Total Chemicals added since start up and balancing (approximately 1 year)
7 cups of MA
6 lbs CYA
4-6 lbs CH (not completely sure of this number)
40 lbs salt
4-6 oz NaHCO3

Wow. That's incredible!

AquaBright (assuming it's still around and available) is definitely my next choice for pool resurfacing!

Now I just have to convince Brian to drive out here and work for payments of smoked meats...

I've had similar experiences with two aqua bright pools that I maintain (part of the deal to use them as demo pools). Both of these pools and my own are on the same water supply. I add about a gallon of acid weekly to my own and the two aqua bright pools take 1.5-2 months before needing pH adjustment. Aeration isn't a factor either since both AB pools have more aeration daily than mine does in a week...

The basalt fountains (pictured below) have an alarming amount of deposits that I am certain would have stained a traditional finish beyond recovery. I assume its iron since most forms of basalt can be up to 1/3" iron and it certainly has that rust colored appearance. It all just brushes right off the surface.

I post up a video next time I go over there.

1.jpg

Wow. That's incredible!

AquaBright (assuming it's still around and available) is definitely my next choice for pool resurfacing!

Now I just have to convince Brian to drive out here and work for payments of smoked meats...

:cheers:

Similar experience here with my AquaBright. I've turned off my PH automation, as my PH is lowering for a reason I can't yet explain. I'm down to 7.4. I've used about a gallon and a half MA in about 6 mos. my CSI is too negative, so I may raise PH soon if it doesn't start climbing. My water gets up to 80+F most days, so FC demand is non trivial.. still, no PH rise.

Like Brian, my AquaBright looks exactly the same as the day it was filled. Zero issues or problems. I'm even getting lackadaisical about checking levels since everything is stable.

Only thing I did was up my CYA, since FC use was getting too high due to sun starting to climb higher in the sky.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Must. Resist. Jealous. Urges.....

Dude, you guys are killing me! No more AB success posts, I don't have the budget right now for a remodel....

CYA definitely lowers the pH . Depending on how much you added, a drop of .2-.4 isn't out of the norm.

I don't think you have a need for the acid pump any longer.

I am remembering now: I kept the CYA Lower for the winter to try to stop CSI from going too negative in the cold. Now that the water is warm, i can up my CYA (an FC consumption was climbing quickly). Once PH comes up I'll be around -0.2, where I like it.

I you may be right, the AcquaBright may have made the need for automated MA obsolete.

We are still in the process of selecting a PB here in Mesa, AZ. It looks like the pool we will be building is about 13,800 gallons, 460 area, 880 interior area, depth 3x4x5, length x width 18x31 For a new build of this nature what would we be looking at for using AquaBright instead of PebbleTec? Thanks in advance, David

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.