Need plans for deck

Your pic did not show up on this post. :(

Do a search for the different builds. There was one not too long ago where he built his own deck and it came out great. I don't think he had plans really. They just built it to fit the pool.

Your best bet may to be find a few woodworkers and have them take a look at what you want and see what they say.

Good luck!

Are you building it yourself or using a deck contractor? An experienced contractor should be able to draw up plans and an estimate. I'd have concerns building a floating deck that large, but it probably depends on local soil conditions and building codes.

I second the concern for having a floating deck that high off the ground and that large esp when built around an object like a pool that would easily get damaged it the deck shifted. You are in the south though where it doesn't freeze so you don't have to worry about frost heaves. Like Josh said tho check with local codes.

To Larry a floating deck is a deck built with pads on top of the soil as opposed to having posts dug out and set into the ground. So in theory once built a floating deck could be picked up and set down and it wouldn't notice.

I had an existing deck from the rear of my house, and installed the pool about four feet from that deck. Then I went on Lowes web site, where they have a 'design your own' deck plans. It's a program where you fit in your dimensions and the style you want, and the program will set up a drawing of the deck and give an estimate of what lumber is needed and a price. My was a small rectangular access deck connecting the main deck to pool. But I built it as a floating structure that is independent of the main deck and pool. I believe Home Depot also has a design program available. Good luck!

As a retired porch and deck licensed contractor, I recommend checking with both the state and local building departments to see what is required in: a: building any deck and b: building around a pool. They are not necessarily the same. Pool decks typically are the most expensive to build since the number of posts required to accommodate the pool curve is higher on a per square foot of deck cost. Remember that if you don't have it inspected your insurance underwriter may reject any claims that might arise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.