Becsys5 problems

I'm pretty new to the business of maintaining pools, having started in june. I have picked it up very quickly and can run the place smoothly except for when it comes to the becs system on my small pool.
I can't seem to figure out how to get the system to maintain a constant ORP without is spiking.
After many trials and tribulations I have come to two conclusions. Either the rotachem machine that feeds the chlorine has too high a volume output (as it is the same volume as my large pool) or that the becs may be broken.

I have come to these conclusions as My pool company have supposedly changed the sensors, I've pinched the line that feeds chlorine to restrict the volume output and I've tried controlling the chlorine manually myself, timing the feed.

The pool is a 15,000 gallon outdoor pool that has a constant good level of all other chemicals.

More information on your pool, control system and what specific problems you are having would be helpful.

I can guess your system is over-chlorinating, which is a common issue reported in ORP based automation systems.

A search of TFP brings up numerous threads from the past regarding these issues: ORP Problem Threads

Please feel free to read through them, but please keep your questions in this thread.

I'm pretty new to the business of maintaining pools, having started in june. I have picked it up very quickly and can run the place smoothly except for when it comes to the becs system on my small pool.
I can't seem to figure out how to get the system to maintain a constant ORP without is spiking.
After many trials and tribulations I have come to two conclusions. Either the rotachem machine that feeds the chlorine has too high a volume output (as it is the same volume as my large pool) or that the becs may be broken.

I have come to these conclusions as My pool company have supposedly changed the sensors, I've pinched the line that feeds chlorine to restrict the volume output and I've tried controlling the chlorine manually myself, timing the feed.

The pool is a 15,000 gallon outdoor pool that has a constant good level of all other chemicals.
Hello and welcome!

Have you confirmed the FC level with a proper FAS/DPD test?

What is a 'constant good level of all other chemicals'? Can you post a complete set of recent test results?

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.