automation help

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
hello. i'm very new here and also new to pools. i am a home theatre designer along with some of the tech side to things also. i do a lot of automation for full homes.

i'm looking at various automation options for our pool. i have narrowed it down to the zodiac family. the company i am dealing with is offering a free ps4 with remote upgrade this month. i was originally looking at the rs line due to not needed the pda cause i was going to just use iPad's and iPhone's for control being the main app we use to control our whole home is idevice based. i was reading tonight that i can still use the ps4 pda along with adding the iaqualink portion to allow idevice control.

my questions are cause i can't find exact info on the zodiac site:

1. what is the difference between the ps line and rs line?

2. i am looking to control our heater, pumps, lights, and anything else pool related. any of my pool house or hardscaping lighting or automation control will be handled by my home automation setup. i just need the zodiac for pool control.

i am going to have 2 hayward LED lights, ray rak 399k but heater for pool and spa, jandy flo pro 2.o horse variable pump, and fusion soft salt system

i didn't know if i could take advantage of this free upgrade or if i need to be in the rs line vs ps line.

jimi

i would love to tie in the control to my app i use now but i don't think that is going to happen. my headend is HAI for my security, lights, and stats. my sprinklers is through a micas verde and all is tied together neatly in one app called irule which also controls all of my audio and video for the house.

Does Aqualink control Hayward lights and Fusion salt system? I'm a Pentair guy so I don't know, but in general, all the major pool manufacturers have proprietary automation that will not work with other manufacturers or have only very basic functionality. You usually want to stay within one manufacturer to get complete communication and control. It's totally annoying that the pool manufacturers won't open up their code to secondary automation companies.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.