Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Goldline controls

1. Back To Top    #1

Goldline controls

Anyone know if there is a way to calibrate - recalibrate the thermometer in my Goldline unit?
    The reading is several degrees high .

Thanks.

Mike
    My Pool:
    12K gal Fiberglass. Pentair DE Filter, Aqua Logic SWG, GoldLine Controls, Kreepy Krauley pool cleaner, MiniMax 250 Heater, Pentair FiberWorks Fiber optic lighting, Pentair 1 1/2HP Pump, a new shiny TF100 test kit, a clear pool and 3 happy kids

2. Back To Top    #2
    I don't believe there is any way to recalibrate. Which temperature reading are you refering to (Air, Water, Cell, Solar) and how do you know it is wrong?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3
    The aqualogic uses thermocouple probes to determine the air and water temperature. The water probe should be mounted in the plumbing BEFRE the heater so it can accurately measure the water coming out of your pool and not the heated water returning to it. The air temperature probe needs to be mounted out of direct sunlight. Goldline recommends mounting this probe underneath the main control panel of the unit so it's shaded by the box. If the probes are not working then there might be a break in the wires connecting them to the control unit or they might not be properly connected to the terminal block inside the unit. The probe itself might be defective but this is unlikely. Replacement probes are available from Goldline. If the air temp probe is reading high try remounting it in a shaded location.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Thanks for the replies, the outdoor temp is reading a good 10-12 degrees over what a normal outdoor thermometer reads.. It's really not a huge issue but it is kindof annoying. I will look when I get home for the temp probe and see if I can find it.

'is it just a small wire attached to some type of component?
    My Pool:
    12K gal Fiberglass. Pentair DE Filter, Aqua Logic SWG, GoldLine Controls, Kreepy Krauley pool cleaner, MiniMax 250 Heater, Pentair FiberWorks Fiber optic lighting, Pentair 1 1/2HP Pump, a new shiny TF100 test kit, a clear pool and 3 happy kids

5. Back To Top    #5

My outdoor temp gauge is also around 10 degrees off (Goldline). I have relocated it and doesn't matter.

It's easy to recognize; white wire with about a half inch square base and the probe is black and about the diameter of a pencil and 1 - 1 1/2 inches long.

Here's a picture - this one is white though.

http://www.h2opoolproducts.com/product_ ... cts_id=450
    7000 gallon IG freeform w/ 6 ft. spa, 21 ft weeping wall, Hayward SP4020NS Northstar pump, Colorlogic LED’s, DE6020 filter and H400IDL2 400,000btu heater. Aqua logic 8 zone controller with Aqua Rite salt chlorine generator, Stonescapes pebble finish – Aqua Blue and flagstone coping, stamped/stained concrete deck

6. Back To Top    #6
    When my Aqualogic was installed the PB installed the air temp probe on the side of my light yellow house in full sunlight for most of the day. The air temp was reading over 20 degress higher than the outside temperature. I remounted the probe under the control box and it now reads withing 4 degress of a digital thermometer I keep outside on my balcony.