Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Is this a booster pump? Water will still travel through it even when off if the outlet is open.

And for that reason, I would disconnect the pump and put plugs where the lines to/from the pump hose connect to the main pvc. No point in having another point where a leak could happen, and one less thing to do in the fall (drain water from booster pump). Guess you could sell it locally once your sure you won't use it again.

I need to get one of these robots. There is some major construction going on around my house and it is creating a constant dust cloud, which all ends up in my pool.

Have any of you had your robot serviced outside of the warranty period? I'm considering ordering one of the refurbished units from Poolpartz.com, but want to know if Maytronics repair work is reasonable. If it isn't, I may be better off with a 2 year warranty living in IL where I only use the pool a handful of months.

Not sure. They labeled the pump "Cleaner Pump." I also have a pump labeled "Booster Pump" and this pump is for my waterfall.

Does it more or less look like this:

s-l225.jpg
If yes, that is a cleaner booster pump.

My pressure cleaner booster pump is still in place. Yes, water moves through it and out of the cleaner port in the pool. Some day I will remove the pump and plumb the two lines together.

I removed by booster pump when I got a robot and replumbed. I was also replumbing for other reasons but I was glad to say good riddance to the booster (moreso to the Kreepy Krauly Legend but the booster pump reminded me of it).

Does it more or less look like this:

s-l225.jpg
If yes, that is a cleaner booster pump.

I will take a pic when I get home and post it. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

My pressure cleaner booster pump is still in place. Yes, water moves through it and out of the cleaner port in the pool. Some day I will remove the pump and plumb the two lines together.

So if I understand this correctly, I do NOT need to turn on my cleaner (booster) pump at all. Algae will not form in the pipes because water will still run through the pipes, even though the pump is NOT turned on.

Is that correct?

Thank you to the ones who responded. I appreciate it!

I will take a pic when I get home and post it. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

So if I understand this correctly, I do NOT need to turn on my cleaner (booster) pump at all. Algae will not form in the pipes because water will still run through the pipes, even though the pump is NOT turned on.

Is that correct?

Thank you to the ones who responded. I appreciate it!

You can tell by putting your hand in front of the outlet in the pool when the main pump is on; you'll most likely feel the water flow coming out. Maybe not as strong as other returns, but in mine at least there's quite a bit of flow when the booster is off. To the point that there's sometimes an annoying whistle when the cleaner is disconnected.

you can tell by putting your hand in front of the outlet in the pool when the main pump is on; you'll most likely feel the water flow coming out. Maybe not as strong as other returns, but in mine at least there's quite a bit of flow when the booster is off. To the point that there's sometimes an annoying whistle when the cleaner is disconnected.

smart!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I have had the Doheny Discovery for awhile, I am guessing a year and have been extremely happy with it. I have a odd thing happening. For the first 11 months he (Cousin Eddie) got hung up on the steps or shelf maybe two or three times in the entire first 11 months. Now about 50% of the time I find him upside down on the shelf or steps. Any idea what could cause this? Water level in the pool is basically the same so it's not because he is less buoyant. Any chance the pump that is used to correct itself could be getting weak?

Maybe there is some debris in the water port? I think there are 2 screws right on top under the cover that give you access to the water diffuser and impeller.

Maybe there is some debris in the water port? I think there are 2 screws right on top under the cover that give you access to the water diffuser and impeller.

Thx....That's a good place to start,when I get back home I will check that out. Little thing called work keep getting in my way!

I have been subscribed and following this thread for some time. I currently have a Polaris 280, for which I have a love/hate relationship. I am intrigued and what I read regarding how well this Doheny robot cleans, but I am quite hesitant of switching from the convenience of my live-in-the-pool Polaris 280. I never have to take it out, but with the Doheny I would. Am I missing something? Why would I trade super convenience for more work of dragging the Doheny in/out? Not to mention, even though the Doheny sounds like it can shut off after a cycle, it still requires the user to activate it. My other plus for my Polaris is that it is set on a timer.

I had a Polaris similar to yours. What you're missing is far superior cleaning. If you're happy with what you've got and it's doing the job don't change it. This robot gets up much finer and much more debris than my Polaris ever thought of doing. In Fact I never knew how poor of job it was doing until I got my robot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.