Still have cloudy water...

Hahaha. Beer is biology! Let's see what happens. Please report CC tomorrow also.

This morning- FC 14.5, and some how CyA up to 55? Cloudier than last night, for sure. Sorry, didn't do the CC (saw this too late). Adding bleach to get up to 22 FC!
I'm wondering at this point if I should have just drained and re-filled the pool!
We'll see what it looks like again after work.

You never want to drain an above ground pool unless you're changing a liner. Do people do it and they take huge risk on unseating their liners and having their pools fall in due to weather. Your pool did not turn green in a few short days. It's not going to clear in a few days.

Water seems better! So which CYA test do you feel more comfy with 55 or 40? We're both of them done in full sun?

The 55 was this morning before the sun topped my neighbors trees.
The 40 was this afternoon, after sun dropped below my other neighbors trees!
I don't see how it went up. It was what, Sunday... I haven't added any stabilizer, or anything for that matter.
Add bleach, sweep and vac. with a backwash here and there. That's my regimen.

K. Next time it is sunny out, even if you have to leave the yard to get away from all those trees....

Stand with the sun directly to your back. Hold the vial at waist level but in an area where you don't see your head reflected in the surface... If you are unsure, you can pour the mixture back in the dropper bottle and try again several times. Here is TFP's guide to doing the test: Pool School - CYA

If it's sunny tomorrow, check the CYA level again. It will go much faster if you target the correct FC level for your CYA. Last time we talked, you weren't sure if you were 40 or 55, (which would round-up to 60). That is a difference between slamming at 16 or 24 FC. If you're not at the correct FC level, you are losing the war.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.