Cleaning Bottom of Intex 14 Round Pool

May 24, 2016
Fl
Does anyone have any cost efficient and effective ways of cleaning the bottom of their Intex above ground pool? We have the standard pump so I don't think the traditional vacuum would work? We are having a small party tomorrow and would like to get the pool clean as possible! In walmart I saw a manual vacuum where you attach to a pole, does anyone have any experience with those?

Thanks!

I've used a traditional vacuum before, but rather than running it back through the pump, start it siphoning and just let it run onto the ground. It'll have a surprising amount of suction. Then top off with fresh water.

Put the kids in the pool and have them run around the edge and create a whirlpool before you pull them out. All the debris will settle in a pile in the center. Then you can siphon vacuum quickly and lose the l;east amount of water.

Also, for a big party, raise the FC 2 or 3 points above normal before people get in and again after they get out. And don't panic is the water looks a little blurry and CC rises after the party. It's only temporary if you've been good about maintaining things. It'll recover in a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.