Old cartridge filter finally broken

Jun 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Hi all. I am getting ready to open my pool and my filter finally bit the dust. I have a Hayward Swim Pro cartridge filter, Model No. C1250. These aren't cheap to replace, I have to buy the lid and the casing separate. I was wondering if there was a different kind, or newer model that may work better? Thanks for any advice.

you are right in saying they are expensive, but they are worth it.. :)

at 120 sq ft that is really a small filter (I have a 100 sq ft in my 700 gallon spa) For my pool I went with the 320 sqft pentair, it is very nice and I love it but it is not cheap, it may be just a little more than buying new parts for yours..

hayward also have some new filters... here are a couple that you could look at :) the pentair gets much better reviews but its about 40 bucks more

Amazon.com : Pentair 160340 Clean Garden

Amazon.com : Hayward C3030 325 Square Foot SwimClear Cartridge Filter : Swimming Pool Cartridge Filters : Patio, Lawn Garden

hope this helps

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.