4485c5c6ff3738140147c90965158c87.jpg

Poolhouse
0a639a2556127ad7bcb79e084d399ed3.jpg

4c6ea7499c5fbac74d5103c2c8274518.jpg

End result (I hope)
b5f22c87cc31bee9e9fd41d88b7d2f7f.jpg

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

hi Jonas,
I was intrigued with your posts. the end result explains all. Looks Great. I'm On my second intex ultraframe 16' round pool using salt system in St. Louis MO. I don't take down during our frigid winters, as supposed to. Merely cover, remove pumps, hoses, etc. Can't complain getting 5 years use, considering the price. ( I do get my spray can of matching rustoleum paint to spray any spot beginning to rust ).
I don't understand why Stainless screws are believed to be safe, as mine rusted in ladder & fountain. Wondering if salt system / any copper presence was the culprit? I just keep an eye on them & replace. Best wishes! I'll be watching.

Yes, I do leave my pool up as I figure more damage could be done taking down / putting up each year. I drain past the inlet/outlets, remove hoses etc. Then cover with an extremely thick cover made for a 24' pool, tying it off around outer middle of pool. (After I spray any rust spots).

A local pool supply store advised me to use a chemical to quickly clear algae. That chemical should Not have been used with salt system water. The chemical stained pool, ladder, skimmer. It was an unsightly black that didn't come off. :(. I'll never use another chemical again. My first salt system cracked after a few years. I replaced it with another which I thought was the same. It never did the job as well as my first 1. Only recently did I notice upon comparing specs of the 2 different systems that there were differences in them. My first 1 (the well working 1), amperage 1/1A, Wattage 125W, Max Chlorine Output/hour 12 grams/hour, vs the one not able to produce well enough, amp 0.6A, Watt 65W & Chlorine output 5 grams/hour. I'm assuming the difference matters ?? I have a friend with same pool that had the same problem with 5 grams/hour not performing. I just now that my first 1 worked, so I ordered another 1 just like it.

p.s. I will use the uv protection so pool doesn't fade.

Just fyi, stainless steel will rust/corrode over time. It just takes longer. I do industrial construction and have seen several pieces of stainless steal items that have rusted or corroded. It took a lot longer for it to happen, but it will in time under the right conditions

May I ask why you wouldnt go with an oval pool instead of an intex?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So you're going to have some kind of gravel and cement under the pool? I'm just curious why not the usual leveling of the ground, and putting a layer of sand, which I assume would be a lot less expensive. I think I remember you mentioning something about draining... does the ground there have bad drainage, and this type of preparation is meant to avoid having pools of water accumulate around the foundation of the pool?

Exactly, Sweden climate is mild, lots of forest, rain, mudd and water. So we but pipes with lots of tiny holes in a ditch around the foundation so we can pump away the water. Then we fill upp with grovel that can't absorbe water (which sand will). Then we put the foundation on top of everything (styrofoam, mesh and cement).

If there is water under the construction during winter it will free and expand and lift a whole house.

27198fd68ec14445cb1172622ae785fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Back in the days we also used sand. But we learned that it doesn't work. An other popular method is to put the house on pillars 2 feet above ground. It's cheeper but not as good. The floor gets colder during winter.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.