New Pool Houston, Texas need some opinions good or bad!

I like our tanning ledge. We went smaller and are happy we did. It measures 5' x 6', a good compromise. Not intended for loungers. It's a good entry/exit location and we all use it as a dive in platform.
Our neighbors have a huge tanning ledge and it ends up being wasted space. It's also mostly used for entry/exit. Most people, except for small children aren't using it for a sitting/soaking area like you would think. Something to consider

BTW, I think your price seems pretty good. Pools in our area w/o a spa, 30x17, pebble, in floor, salt, heater, Aqualink RS, LED, 300 sq/ft of deck are going for the low $60K range. Pebble and in floor quickly add $10K and a spa is an additional $10K. Your rock work would probably be that around here.

I like our tanning ledge. We went smaller and are happy we did. It measures 5' x 6', a good compromise. Not intended for loungers. It's a good entry/exit location and we all use it as a dive in platform.
Our neighbors have a huge tanning ledge and it ends up being wasted space. It's also mostly used for entry/exit. Most people, except for small children aren't using it for a sitting/soaking area like you would think. Something to consider

BTW, I think your price seems pretty good. Pools in our area w/o a spa, 30x17, pebble, in floor, salt, heater, Aqualink RS, LED, 300 sq/ft of deck are going for the low $60K range. Pebble and in floor quickly add $10K and a spa is an additional $10K. Your rock work would probably be that around here.

thanks so much for the information! We signed the contract today and reduced the size down from 14 x 9 to 10 x 5. I will start a new thread in under construction and update my signature.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are getting close to starting. I have one question please regarding if you like your sun shelf / tanning ledge. Ffournier made some good points about not having one and I would like some other opinions of those who have been there done that!
We like ours. You can take a look at the pictures in my signature. Ours is not that big but it does have two bubblers in it is a nice visual interest and gives a place for the little one to play. Depending on the size of your pool would depend on the size of your sun shelf and whether or not you can sit chairs in it or it's just a play area

We like ours. You can take a look at the pictures in my signature. Ours is not that big but it does have two bubblers in it is a nice visual interest and gives a place for the little one to play. Depending on the size of your pool would depend on the size of your sun shelf and whether or not you can sit chairs in it or it's just a play area

Thanks so much for the responses. We are excited and when they go to start digging next week I will update. We did add two bubblers to the sun shelf and are deciding on whether to have them lighted or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The left side leaves room for outdoor kitchen expansion. Nice design. What side of the house is it on?

Ours in cypress TX.

028a5cebb225344851e294c82d9d1c9a.jpg

--------------

Don't ever hesitate to try something new. Remember amateurs built the ARK and professionals built the TITANIC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.