New house, New-to-me pool, new adventure!

Hop, hop,hop little froggy! LOL

They might be worth trying. It looks like they were out of the sun so they might have something to offer so don't throw them out. Just make sure to have more on hand just in case it is little help.

Kim

34b4736da57055ad91fc03a7ad4d6ba2.jpg

a78825f9303341ce389e66fbc776d83b.jpg

Ha, we got some white stuff too but not that much.

Tannin soup anyone?

I had been contemplating just putting cover water in (2birds1stone) but after seeing the green soupy mix on the top of the cover finally... I'll have to resort to ground water. I'm sure I'm going to need a slam regardless so I'll fill as I drain and deal with testing and the chemical process later.

No nagging at all, you know more than me so it's great advice!

Observation: wet leaves are heavy!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOL not wanting the yuck IN the pool.....my friend has not found a way to keep it from happening even bringing extra help. They always seem to get some IN the pool water so..........Oh what about a shop vac?? That might be able to get the goopy stuff off your rake cannot pick up.

I bet your shoulders and back are sore!

Kim

So the new pool newbie that I am didn't scout out the outdoor spigot location prior to going all gung-ho on the pool... Turns out it's on the opposite side of the house.... Ssooooo 2 50' hoses and even about 20' of pool hose later...

140a79e9fdad595ed059a4951bd72d2c.jpg

e38960e49d457c32424963762e1598b1.jpg

Only problem now is... I can't pump water out while filling. Wife is out and about so I'm asking her to pick up another 100' hose so I don't have to puzzle piece this operation...

Question: I can within decent confidence say my pool is not run on its own well, therefore I am using the home well... Is there any concern or caution I should take with filing the pool? I hear the well pump kick on every little bit.

I'm going from city sewer/water so this whole well concept is still new to me.

The pump will kick on whenever the holding tank lowers to a certain level. This is normal. Run some water into the lawn first so that any old and stained water gets cleared. It's probably been a while since the spigot and lines were used.

Indeed... There is an irrigation system that was turned off so I ran the water for a few mins to get the air out and hooked up the hoses when it was running clear for a few mins.

I'll probably run it for 2 hours or so then switch to the submersible pump to get topside water out... Rinse and repeat over the next few days and maybe we can still get the cover off this weekend... Looking at sunny weather and warming up to 70 by Sunday!!

One thing I would like you to do is run a sample of your well water down to the *gasp* pool store to test ONLY for metals. This is the ONLY test we "allow" them to do and trust (kind of).

I am on a well and the water is WONDERFUL! I hope yours is as well BUT I want to make sure before you put too much in.

You mean to tell me there is NO water source in the back yard?? UNREAL! What a pain!

Kim

There's a 60'x16'deck in the way... [emoji51]

Water test was done prior to closing, I was hopeful it would have some info, but it only gave figures for arsenic (<1ug/l), nitrates (4.93mg/l), coliform and e.coli (both absent as it should be!)

On a happy note, just went out to check the pump and I'm pretty near to only surface water left, pump had actually shut itself off because that area had no water on it!! I switched submersibles to a newer one I had bought when I had a basement flood in my previous home... That may have done the job... Only 1/3hp though. :shrug:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.