1978 18x36 vinyl liner complete renovation

Fantastic job, after all, it's not how fast you mow, it's how well you mow fast. Ok, it doesn't really apply but that commercial just came on and it's so catchy.

Really great work. Thanks for continuing to document your effort.

I can see it now. First :shock: then :drown: then helping hands :bowdown:

My jaw dropped when I saw the first picture! OH MAN! ALL HANDS ON DECK!

Good work on the fixing.

I bet your phone was burning up! GOOD friends with neat toys sure do come in handy!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow! I'm impressed. My wife and I are old Tallahassee folks also - (Go Noles!) I'm considering a similar project for my 40x20, 1971 Buster Crabbe pool, and wondering what a DIY project like this wound up costing you in actual $$$ and what you estimate that you saved - e.g., vs hiring a good local provider/contractor. Can you share/comment on costs?
> Expected price/costs for DIY vs Contractor?
> Actual price/cost vs Expected?
Thanks and congratulations. Enjoy it.

New steps $1400
New liner $900
Travertine (600 sf) $2400
Misc- concrete, mortar, hardware, equipment $2000

I would estimate around $7000. I was initially quoted $3500 just to replace the liner. I estimate that the concrete demo and travertine install would've been close to $10,000 if I had a contractor do it. There are a lot of things to consider.... Time, skill level, and amount of family and friends that are willing to sacrifice days on end to help you. This was not a DIY project... More of a Do it YOURSELVES... It takes a team of people. I was blessed to have friends and family that were willing and able to help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that really turned out great..the vinyl pattern looks amazing. Love the contrast with the tiles.

I still can't get over how costly steps for inground vinyl pools are....seems like they should cost half that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.