Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!

I do not see ANY "school" work being done today! It will all be "real life" learning going on! I would have them watching and talking about what is happening and why.........why do you thing they...... What do you thin will happen next..............FUN times!

Kim

Haha! You called that right! I'm actually letting the kids sleep in at the moment, mostly because I want to keep the toddler asleep as long as possible so he is not "needy" when I have to be outside. He tends to wake up when I get the others up for school. But the good news for the kids (besides a reduced school day) is that they have breakfast burritos waiting for them in the oven!

All this talk of breakfast burritos is making me hungry!!

Good luck today, Jamie!!

Matt

PS - Don't forget, work boots and a hard hat ;) Add a clip board, measuring tape and level for added effect :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Ha! No hard hat or clip board for me, but I've been involved and making requests enough that the foreman knows what I want. :)

He said they don't get a lot of rebound, but they could put it in small piles around the pool for us to remove (they don't take anything away) or put it under the shell. Thoughts?

Also, these guys don't remove the forms either, so it will be up to us (the guy recommended after a couple of days, but I don't know what's best), or we'll have to find someone to pay to do it. It doesn't look particularly easy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm sure it was an exhausting day, both physically and emotionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Lets talk about what she is doing........she is how preggy? Has 6 kids she is homeschooling. A household she is taking care of (hope the kids help). Is trying to learn everything she can to do a GREAT owner pool! All of this at the same time! WOW! Super mom for sure!

BUT I still want pics and the story! LOL

Kim

Lets talk about what she is doing........she is how preggy? Has 6 kids she is homeschooling. A household she is taking care of (hope the kids help). Is trying to learn everything she can to do a GREAT owner pool! All of this at the same time! WOW! Super mom for sure!

BUT I still want pics and the story! LOL

Kim

Supermom for sure!!

Sorry to keep everyone in suspense! You're right... It was a tiring day. I must have been running on adrenalin since 5 am this morning when I got up, and it hit me like a ton of bricks when they left at 3 pm. Then I had to take a nap, make dinner, then take my daughter her Scottish Dance class. We just got home. Never a dull moment! But no worries, Madame Librarian, baby is still safely growing inside and nothing premature is happening. :)

I have been trying to upload my pictures to photobucket to include in this update, but first the site was under maintenance, and now I keep getting upload errors. But I will keep trying.

The pool looks really good. The crew was very accommodating to my requests, and would check things and clarify things when I asked. I basically parked myself outside all day, watching everything and moving around to keep out of the direct line of gunite fire. Throughout the process I've become more confident in speaking up, so that was helpful today. It seems like they listened to my request for as dry a mix as possible for the gunite, but inexplicably to me at the end when they did the floor, they started using a lot of water. I asked about it and they said it was necessary for them to "flash" the floor this way. It was pretty wet looking and the guys had to work backwards out of the pool to cover up their sloppy footprints in the wet gunite. The guy made it sound like this is how they always do it, and it was necessary to do it this way. I was skeptical based on what Brian had posted, but there wasn't much I could do about it. I just hope it doesn't cause me any problems with the shell.

When it came time to pay, the foreman called his boss (the guy I'd been dealing with) and I was given the price. We had used 60(!) yards of gunite, plus 4 pegboards that helped form the outside of the walls above the soil.
I asked, "Is this your cash price?" and the owner said, "Oh, let me get that for you," and he came back with a lower price.
-I replied, "That's only a 3% discount."
-"Yes, M'am."
-"Can we do 5%?"
And then he came back with the total reflecting the 5% discount! I was quite pleased. It just goes to show, it never hurts to ask!

I asked, "Is this your cash price?" and the owner said, "Oh, let me get that for you," and he came back with a lower price.
-I replied, "That's only a 3% discount."
-"Yes, M'am."
-"Can we do 5%?"
And then he came back with the total reflecting the 5% discount! I was quite pleased. It just goes to show, it never hurts to ask!

Well Jamie, I'm sure when they saw you pull out the brass-knuckles and flex your biceps, what else would you expect them to do ;)

Bravo, Jamie!! Bravo!!

Get some rest, you earned it today!!!

You all are very sweet. Thank you!

I'm still having trouble getting photobucket to upload anything without an error. Hopefully the problem will be gone by tomorrow and I can show you our "pool"! :)

We are even supposed to get rain tomorrow, so I'm getting a little head start help on my watering. Hooray!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.