New build in N. Ft. Worth (pics inside)

Even if the PB comes out to fix it, have it inspected. People get upset and can do bad stuff.

Our house's builder went into bankruptcy when it was being built. The drywall contactor was upset about not being paid but required to finish his job. He ended up drywalling over electric, a WAY-hidden heat vent, and the in-house vacuum lines. We bought the house an owner later and things are still goofy.

Update: Because of the builder's lack of response (since 11/20) to BBB and myself, we are going to arbitration and it is binding. So I will have to present my case and feel good about it. SPA VENEER and WALL VENEER were listed the exact same on my contract, but we done different. Spa has flagstone on all sides, wall was done with brown stucco on the back (not in contract) and the builder admits to never telling me about this. In addition, it was done very poorly with rebar sticking out. It's terrible.

The builder laid down top soil the first week of October and because of all the rain we have had, it has since been washed away leaving the bottom of the decking open to the elements. I have called and complained numerous times but not much more could be done because the builder has not returned my calls/texts/emails since last draw. We decided to lay down turf (professionally installed) all around the outside and it looks fantastic. I will upload pictures later. Since the builder took his sweet time addressing my issues, once the arbitrator favors my position, I will make sure the builder is held responsible for any damages along the way.

Installed turf

1czZUjU.jpg

7XmyMgv.jpg

wfyz5S2.jpg

1NTCuRY.jpg

ffj5ICU.jpg

KrfhvN0.jpg

CCKOtOo.jpg

jGkZAKf.jpg

3qSmntK.jpg

Looks really nice. Who manufactured the turf.

Synthetic Grass Pros

Was pricey, but well worth it. The salesmen gave me an excellent discount on quality turf, was there the entire time during the installation and immediately addressed any questions and concerns I had. The large crew (8+ men) who did the installation were some of the most professional and attentive people I have ever worked with. The experience was so good. They removed existed dirt and weeds, laid several inches of drain rock, then compacted it down laid a few more inches of decomposed granite, laid a weed barrier, wet the ground, compacted and smoothed it out as much as possible and then laid turf, secured it with large galvanized spikes. After installation, they laid down some type of sand to keep blades standing and used a machine to spread it out and push it down into the turf.

I tried to pull up on the edges of the turf as hard as I could, but it would not budge. My daughter, dog and myself have ran around the tuf, stopping and go-ing, jumping, etc. and it's held up pretty good. I love it. Well worth the cost.

That is a good update. I hope it works out for you.

Do you have a plan B if :( he goes bankrupt?

LOVE the turf!

Kim

Thanks! I'm not worried about him going bankrupt. More concerned about if he shows up to arbitration represented. He has much bigger pockets than me, and he's fought pretty hard thus far, so it wouldn't surprise me. I have an MBA, but I'm not educated in law, so it would be hard to go toe-to-toe with an attorney.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.