New Build Largo, Florida

1007.jpg
Well here we almost have a whole pool dug...OMG, so over this. As you can see there are still well points and pumps sucking the water out of here. No rain since Sunday, yippee! Maybe by the end of the week we can have a whole pool dug with rebar!

11.jpg12.jpgfloor.jpg

Ok, so finally we are getting Shock Crete tomorrow morning!!!! We are currently also getting all the Laminate (Pergo) removed from the whole house and having Ceramic planks that look like wood installed (what a mess)! They are beinfg installed so slowly that now it's a race to see which area gets back to normal first, outside or inside? I don't know why I torture myself so!

SWEET! If at all possible be there while they shoot it. They might have questions or suggestions. If you are not right there they will just do it however they THINK you might want it. There have been a few builds where it really paid off the owner being there.

Kim

I do love that tile. Having flooring put in is no fun! I couldn't imagine doing both the flooring and a pool at the same time. There will be dirt and dust everywhere!

I agree with Kim! There are basically two areas in my build where I think it is absolutely necessary to be home. 1 is Gunite/Shotcrete and the other is Plaster. Those are the two areas where if something is wrong and you don't catch it in time then the PB will probably not want to fix it or will put up a major fight to fix it. In my case the thing that was wrong with my Shotcrete was the bubbler on my tanning ledge was way too close to the tile line on the pool. If I wouldn't have said anything then it would be a permanent thing and I doubt the PB would fix it. When I caught it they were able to trowel out some concrete so they could plumb it later and fill it in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
aa.jpgab.jpgac.jpgad.jpg

Not sure why some are downloading sideways?? Anyway, the pool now has a shell! Unfortunately since the concrete truck was 3 hours late this morning, we were unable to be here all day. I was really thinking it would never show up. So a couple of things I don't think I like...The bottom stair is rounded at one end and none of the other ones are (I think it looks odd) and at the last minute I changed the swim out. I wanted them to make it longer and slope it up to a shallow ledge (in case my Dachshund falls in and can't find her way to the sun shelf), instead it looks like they just chopped off the length of the swim out and didn't lengthen it at all (not sure if 2 butts can fit on it now) What do you think???

In the pics the steps look the same to me, but it could be the angle of the pic. I'm sure seeing it in person makes it easier to see the difference. I hate that they didn't do the swim out the way you asked them.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your little four legged fur baby doesn't fall in, but that's definitely something to consider, so if they didn't fix it where she can get out if needed you might want to consider a ramp of some sort, just in case.
As far as the other question, I suppose that would depend on the size of the butts :laughblue:Here at our house it appears it would be a 1 butt maximum capacity.

The shell looks really good though, and I'm glad they are making more progress, now if they'd just do things the way you ask them too, you'd be good to go. Have a wonderful day. :)

The steps look the same to me also. Even when I turn my head sideways. Maybe another picture from a different angle?

The swim out------------It looks like they did not really understand what you were "seeing" or asking for. It looks like they did what they THOUGHT you were asking for-------a way for a little doggy to get out of that end.

It can still be changed. It will be a pain but it can be done IF they want to. I would "test sit" the swim out and see how many butts it can hold LOL

Kim

I think I see what you're talking about on the rounded bottom step. Or maybe I'm trying too hard. If you're facing the steps, then the bottom step on the left looks like the left edge of the tread turns BACK into the wall rather than continuing straight TO the wall like the others above it. Is that what you mean? If so, then from the photo, it looks very slight. From my build, I would think it is slight enough they can do the plaster such that it matches the steps above. I was surprised how much they evened out the different areas just with the plaster. You will need to be there and point it out to the plaster guys. And I mean right away! My plaster crew began like lightning and that pace continued for the entire plaster job. There were 20 or so guys (or it seemed like it), and they worked so fast like busy buzzing bees. I missed a couple of things because my mind had a hard time keeping pace with their work! Lol!!!

For the swimout and your dachshund..... My friend has a dachshund, and the height of the raised end of the swimout wouldn't be high enough to help her get out or keep her head above water until help comes. Have you measured it? And remember, getting out of the pool with any overhang of coping or whatever adds to the difficulty for a little dog to get out. Maybe your dog is larger than my friend's. Also, from the pictures, I would be concerned about my dog swimming all the way around and finding the raised step. I know when my granddog was here, he first got confused when swimming around the curved part of the spa and would turn around when he didn't need to. (now he's my granddog, so don't tell me he's not too smart! Lol!!) You might want to go ahead and consider some ramps. Your dog might not happen to fall in near the stepout. Amazon has some, but there are also YouTube videos showing how to make your own which I think look better and for less money than the ready-made ones. Just my .02 worth.... Before my granddog came to visit, I read somewhere that many animals can swim with no problem, but it's the getting out that's the trouble. They can get exhausted before they find the way out. I had never thought of that or how hard the edge of the pool is for them to reach and pull themselves up and out.

I guess real life testing of the size of the bench is now necessary. We'll need the results, of course!!!

It's looking great!
Suz.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Well I think the plumber is done, although I have to say the equipment looks unimpressive. Is it just me, but almost everyone else's equipment pad looks much more full! I see a small cartridge filter ( I guess I'm use to seeing a large DE filter) also see a 1.5 hp pump and a booster pump and an Aquarite T15 salt chlorination system??? Does this look right? I had a Super2 2hp pump but they switched it to a 1.5 hp because we added a booster pump?

Your used to see the big, round sand and DE filters as well as heaters on quite a few. They all take up a lot of room.

I read the amazon reviews on the filter you have, It sounds like a good one. I WOULD get a back up cartridge so you can just drop it in instead having to wait to clear the only one you have.

Kim

So apparently we are stalled again. When the inspector came yesterday to sign off on the plumbing, electrical and footer for the screened room; he discovered the screened room was never on the permit! Even though it is on every drawing, not on the permit! So the footer that was supposed to be poured today wasn't. According to my PB "it will be ok", he states next Wednesday the pavers will arrive to begin installation on Thursday; so hopefully the footer will be poured by then??? Anyway, I have a question, since I am having my sun shelf PS Desert Gold and the rest of the pool PS Blue Granite I was trying to figure out what I could do to make it a better transition and started playing with my tiles. What do you think, any other suggestions???

aaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.