New Build Largo, Florida

Yes, apparently we are building it on the wrong side of the yard!

I think we have decided against PS Blue Surf, after seeing pictures on here we think it's too blue for the tile we picked out, so we are leaning towards PS Blue Granite. My question is what I don't like about the Blue Granite is the sun shelf being so grey...I thought I may make the sun shelf PS Desert Gold and the rest of the pool Blue Granite. I have seen one on this site somewhere. We want it more tropical looking. When I was standing in the backyard trying to picture this, based on the shape of our pool (lagoon) and the size 88', do you think the different color shelf will make the pool look 'cut off', smaller? I don't know but input is welcome! We are going for a tropical look, no birdcage, lagoon shape palm trees everywhere look.

What about putting the blue blend luminous glass beads on the shelf? Someone said in another thread that they thought the beads made the pool look bluer. I just can't remember what thread that was in. Just a thought...

I'm going to throw a wrinkle in the usual advice for the shimmering sea shells.

I love them best in the deep end (mine is 7') and then the shallow (4'). I like them least on my sun shelf and steps.

I was too late to tell the guy to put most of them on the sun shelf. Afterwards, I was glad. I'm happy the shells are on the sun shelf and steps. And maybe it's my blue Granite color and/or my surroundings. But they seem to sparkle more from the deep end. Maybe they blend in too well with the gray look on the sun shelf. More contrast with the color you get in the deep end.

Just thought I'd throw in how they look in my pool. I'm not saying either way is better - just how it worked out on my pool.

Only wish I had put in 3 bags!! That's going to be awesome!!

Suz.

imagejpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did they get stuck moving around? How much did they tear up where they rolled? I really did not think they would even try to dig this week with all of the water/mud you had! WOW!

Kim[/QUOTE

Kim, It is pretty torn up but they stripped and are leveling the yard anyway so it really didn't matter to us . They did however put 3 more well points and another pump in today, we will let it run all day tomorrow and then try again!

Well today is the day my pb said I would have a concrete pool shell in my yard, instead it looks just like my previous picture still! I was told the shallow end is still mushy, I'd be willing to bet if they hadn't dug on Monday, a day that had 100% chance of rain ( which then filled the hole they had dug that day with water) we wouldn't be still waiting! It has been almost 2 months since I signed the contract and all we have to show for it is a half dug hole and a huge mess! Beyond Frustrated! This by the way is the pool I was promised would be done by Thanksgiving, now I would be shocked if it's done in time for our annual Christmas party!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.