Swim Spa Pump Replacement

Jul 10, 2015
Greer, SC
Have three 3HP pumps in our swim spa. One has gone south (starter switch bad) and another heats up and trips breaker after 10-minutes. Need to replace all three as they are all over twenty years old. We don't use them to swim against the current, as at 210 pounds these 'fat boy' pumps don't work that well for me. They are Pentair WhisperFlo and have served us well. Looking to replace with fewer HP as only the grandkids use them. Perhaps a 1 1/2HP - 2HP. Anyone know of a good source and make/model?

You can get Whisperfo parts online or any reputable pool supply The Whisperflo pump is a longtime reliable pump. I've been working on it for like 30 years and parts are readily available. My thought is, is your spa a fliter pump plus 2 swim pumps? Because I wonder how many of the pumps do you need to replace?

We have three 3HP Pentair WhisperFlo pumps that are individually plumbed to exit their own 3" outlets at the far end of the pool/spa. They were installed in July of 1993. I was just recently told by a Pentair rep, from the Pentair web site, that they no longer make these pumps and that the start switch part (small electronic connector) is no longer available? The circulating filter pump works fine for the spa ports. I would rather fix than replace but can replace one at a time or if I can simply replace the motors, perhaps replace the three 3HP units?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.