Outdoor Kitchen Build Updated!

Looks great so far! Just about to start mine! Question for you, are you using just tin snips to cut the metal or a chop saw? I'd need to go out and buy a chop saw if I'm going to use that and I can't decide if it's worth the investment or not. (Also, not sure where I'd store it afterwards)

Nice garage floor!

Thanks! got super lucky when we bought this house it was a 2006 we moved in 2010 and the prior owner did bounds of work! An epoxy garage floor is a must for sure now anywhere I go

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great so far! Just about to start mine! Question for you, are you using just tin snips to cut the metal or a chop saw? I'd need to go out and buy a chop saw if I'm going to use that and I can't decide if it's worth the investment or not. (Also, not sure where I'd store it afterwards)

I used tin snips as they were 10 bucks, I probably could have cut some time off with a chop saw but for some of the intricate cuts you will need snips anyhow, my hands sure are sore after yesterday tho

Finished the frame yesterday! Its out back and ready for the hardi backer board and electrical. HardiBacker is way more then I thought it would be, same with the frames! We will see if we can keep this thing to 750 total! Had to make a small correction on the overall measurements for total counter depth to be in the bbqs rear vent clearance so this thing is super bomb proof

So far 31 10 foot sections of steel studs to build the frame

11- 12 x 12 x 2 l brackets to reinforce the counter over hang

about 700 screws before the hardibacker

and about 10 hours work

Finished the frame yesterday! Its out back and ready for the hardi backer board and electrical. HardiBacker is way more then I thought it would be, same with the frames! We will see if we can keep this thing to 750 total! Had to make a small correction on the overall measurements for total counter depth to be in the bbqs rear vent clearance so this thing is super bomb proof

So far 31 10 foot sections of steel studs to build the frame

11- 12 x 12 x 2 l brackets to reinforce the counter over hang

about 700 screws before the hardibacker

and about 10 hours work

Hahahahaha!!

When the final global warming apocalypse happens and the surface of the Earth is reduced to a MadMax, desert-like surface devoid of any life, the only thing left standing for a future alien race to find will be your outdoor kitchen!!!!

And the aliens will only be able to assume that some superior being of vast powers once inhabited that kitchen space ;)

Job well done sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahahaha!!

When the final global warming apocalypse happens and the surface of the Earth is reduced to a MadMax, desert-like surface devoid of any life, the only thing left standing for a future alien race to find will be your outdoor kitchen!!!!

And the aliens will only be able to assume that some superior being of vast powers once inhabited that kitchen space ;)

Job well done sir!

Totally!

So made a ton of progress this last set of days off. Finally got the frame finished and moved out back. Got it set in place over the drains, gas, water, elect stubbing after fighting to get it to slide below the window sill outside. Electrical is done 3 gfi outlets added, low voltage lights added to the counter overhang and tied into the outdoor system, Hardibacker is all on and done, took 6 4x8 sheets total and close to another 700 screws, My access door below the cooler installed, 2 drawer storage and access door below grill in place, and the below sink trash drawer in place.

Concrete should be here monday, I'm hoping, ordered it a week ago, the z counterforms bull nose forms arrive monday for sure.

If i did it again I would order the Z counterforms countertop additive that you add to a quikrete 60b sand bag to make the counter mix, it looks super pliable when pouring and the quikrete sand mix you can get at any store unlike the quikrete countertop mix. Ill likely buy their epoxy sealer and concrete stain if the concrete needs any color adjustment once poured. Got the quikrete cement charcoal color additive to mix with the countertop mix

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I now know who I'm hiring to do my next outdoor kitchen :p

Hey, if you can, take pictures when you pour the cement counter, I'd love to see how the countertop forms come out.

whats your thought if its getting versa bonded for the stone veneer? Still redguard it?

- - - Updated - - -

I now know who I'm hiring to do my next outdoor kitchen :p

Hey, if you can, take pictures when you pour the cement counter, I'd love to see how the countertop forms come out.

Will do its funny its one of the biggest projects I've done by myself and so frustrating and fun at the same time. Driving the screws was a pain in the rear, if i did it again id have one drill with a metal drill bit and the other ready to screw each screw, its easy until you start putting the frame all together by yourself

Redguarded it this last week, worked 6 of the last 8 days, had my daughters first birthday too!

Got the forms in and in place, the corners were a bit tricky to get to done with the forms shy of cutting them at a 45* angle but then you have a sharp non rounded bull nose, i really like the ease of their forms I wish the packs came with corners, we ended up just moulding them by hand with the left over form and taping them in place, we will see how that works.

The liquidcrete additive z counterforms makes would likely be the way to go, home depot messed up my order, apparently countertop mix is only beneficial for pouring in a mold, other wise the 5000 is just as good, per quikrete so i went that route. It was good but not nearly as wet as I would have desired for the pour and trough as it looses it losses its strength as you make it wetter.

Here you go! Lets see how this thing turns out when its dry and I sand it! Ready to be grilling

Let me just say I seriously admire the work you did on it. Amazing!!

If it were me, I would have cut the 45's at the corners and then gone back with a grinder after the concrete set and cured to add a little smoothness. But I get what you're saying, having rounded corner forms would be way easier.

Did you already post a picture of the tile you're going to use? Are you tiling it the same all around or doing something different in the outside?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.