A "no go" start to my SLAM

Hi folks, next question...

I backwashed my filter for the first time today. Since doing that, I haven't had to put in any LC. Last time it needed any was 6 hours ago. Is this normal? It's been holding steady the last three checks above 15. Last two checks were above 18. I am measuring my LC each application, and only using pool math to keep a level of 15. Why the spike?

Best moment of waking up this morning was being able to see how badly I brushed yesterday! Woot woot! Can you tell I tried to brush a quarter at a time?*
dd5f7dfe0bf5d61b99602b860e66719c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The general rule for swimming is that is okay to swim as long as your FC is not over you SLAM FC level and your water is not green or so cloudy you can't see through it a bit. If you do swim, you may want to use some older swimming attire just because your FC (bleach) level has been a little higher than normal. Right after swimming, check your FC to make sure it's still at the proper level to work for you and/or your SLAM.

Under normal circumstances the criteria for swimming is that you can see the bottom of the pool AND that your FC level is below SLAM level. You Pass the seeing the bottom of the pool, but your not below SLAM. But your circumstances are not normal, you have a Ph that is extremely elevated (+8.2). Dropping the FC level below 10, then dropping the Ph into the mid 7s would be what is needed to swim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.